Using EAD with difference in title and salary

iamreddy1

I have a question on using my EAD. Currently I am on H1B with my employer who filed my EB2 labor in Dec 2004. I got my EAD a year ago.
Now, I am looking for a fulltime job with other employers in the same field. My question is what is the pay minimum pay I should get with the new employer?
The Pay on my GC labor certification was $96,840.00 . I got a new fulltime job offer with some other employer with $96,000.00 with benefits. They don’t want to sponsor H1B. So, is it a problem using my EAD and working for another employer with this salary difference?

And also, the job title in my GC labor certification was Software Engineer, but, now the new job would be Senior Statistical Programmer. Is it a problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO, This small pay difference should not matter. Your job titles seems ver different, but these can also be ignored if the job duties are the same.

BTW, you should not put a K after 96,000.00. That will make it millions. If you want to put K then put it like 96.840 K.

I have a question on using my EAD. Currently I am on H1B with my employer who filed my EB2 labor in Dec 2004. I got my EAD a year ago.
Now, I am looking for a fulltime job with other employers in the same field. My question is what is the pay minimum pay I should get with the new employer?
The Pay on my GC labor certification was $96,840.00 K. I got a new fulltime job offer with some other employer with $96, 000.00K with benefits. They don’t want to sponsor H1B. So, is it a problem using my EAD and working for another employer with this salary difference?

And also, the job title in my GC labor certification was Software Engineer, but, now the new job would be Senior Statistical Programmer. Is it a problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The salary difference does not appear to be a major issue, but like Eric said, job description would be the key.