Using Canadian Wes Equivalency for TN Visa

shishira92

Hi
My company is applying for my TN Visa next month for the position of Software Engineer.
So I'm being transferred to the same company in US.

I hold a 4 year Bachelor of Technology Degree in Computer Science and Engineering from India and I have 8+ years experience as a Software Engineer.

Now, I have requested the official transcripts from my University. And as I understand I need Credential Evaluation as well. I still have my WES Canadian Equivalency Document that I used during Immigration to Canada. It also states my degree is equivalent to 4 years Bachelor's.

Can I use the same Wes Report for TN Visa for US? Or do I need to go ahead and request for US equivalency to be safe?

Has anyone used Canada Wes Equivalency with success?

No, you need an equivalency to a US degree. Canada WES will work, but the evaluation must be against US standard.

Thank you for your advice.
I was able to get my documents transferred to US account and my evaluation got completed in less than a week. This would save me unnecessary anxiety. Thanks a ton!

I was able to get my documents transferred to US account and my evaluation got completed in less than a week. This would save me unnecessary anxiety. Thanks a ton!
Congrats @shishira92 for the quick turn around. I will be applying for my WES US equivalency soon. Could you please confirm what type of WES evaluation did you select? Was it for the purpose of "Immigration" or "Employment"?

Image (1).jpeg
Thank you

@shishira92 Thank you very much for this information. Could you please outline process you used to get you Canadian evaluation to US evaluation?

@shishira92 Thank you very much for this information. Could you please outline process you used to get you Canadian evaluation to US evaluation?
hi @Rvch7 - is your process done and got the TN visa? Just wanted to know if we still need transcripts as well if we are getting WES evaluation done?

One only ever needs transcripts if the one's degree is not exactly in the same category as the TN. Then it becomes necessary to show that the degree is "closely related" to your TN category by virtue of the various specific courses taken. Otherwise it is not relevant.

One only ever needs transcripts if the one's degree is not exactly in the same category as the TN. Then it becomes necessary to show that the degree is "closely related" to your TN category by virtue of the various specific courses taken. Otherwise it is not relevant.
Thanks @nelsona for clearing the doubt. I have degree in "Information Technology" and will be applying for the Software Development jobs only. So I shall be good in this case.

So you will be applying for CSA category. make sure the job description fits that category.

Hello Shishira,
Glad I found your post, I might get a job offer from USA and realized might need a USA WES, My ECA for Canada was completed in 2015. Do you mind explaining how to initiate the process to transfer to WES USA ? I am done if they ask me to resend the Transcript as that would take ages and might lose my offer.