use of AP, how safe?

skusa

Registered Users (C)
If the I-140 is pending for over16months, I-485 for a yr with approved AP and EAD then will there be any problem in using AP while reentry?
Experts pl help.
thanks

It is totally depends upon how safe is I-140. If I-140 is approved and I-485 is pending over six months you feel pretty safe. It is unsafe if the job/ GC is unsafe.
It may not be question of safe or unsafe but more question of how not convenient it is. More problems are arising as you need to visa for transit since AP is not considered as visa. Some time getting approval of AP is taking lot of time. My friend postponed his sister’s marriage, as he will not be able to make it because of his AP will not be approved before December even though he has applied in August. Such petty issues are creating inconveniences compare to H1.

If you can cope up with such things it just goes to your job/GC security.

Last edited by a moderator:
EB1-OR is pending for over 16month and I-485 for a yr. have valid H1b for another yr or so, have the ext H1b approval but not stamped on passport and have approved AP and EAD. I checked for amsterdam, transit visa is not required and the transit time is only2hrs. I neard some people in similar situation like this and coming back without any problem so confirming.
thanks
if anyone has more inputs pl post