USCIS sent letter, but no IL!!!

thrix

Registered Users (C)
USCIS send me a letter with few questions no related to my n400 application. They assume I know some person that used to live in my apartment complex and they need some information and they asked few questions to answer. They wrote they will appreciate fast reply.

I'm thinking to send them my notice of action and I will write:

Estimated time for receiving answers is 800days. :D

USCIS send me a letter with few questions no related to my n400 application. They assume I know some person that used to live in my apartment complex and they need some information and they asked few questions to answer.

I know lots of people that used to live in my apartment complex. Can we get in trouble for that?

They wrote they will appreciate fast reply. I'm thinking to send them my notice of action and I will write: Estimated time for receiving answers is 800days. :D

:D Good one. Or you could tell them to wait until the end of this month for the update to your response timeframe to be posted on your webpage. Or you could tell them 1-2 months, after which they can schedule an infopass with you.

Hopefully this isn't serious and the answers you provide satisfy them. The bad news is something must have been flagged in your background check. The good news is, doesn't that mean that your file must be at the DO? If your answer to their request checks out, you may get an IL soon.

Send them RFE!

USCIS send me a letter with few questions no related to my n400 application. They assume I know some person that used to live in my apartment complex and they need some information and they asked few questions to answer. They wrote they will appreciate fast reply.

thrix,

Send them RFE asking for a legal guarantee, that you will not end up in a namecheck blackhole for cooperating with them! :rolleyes: :) They are trying to present you as a witness in an investigation.

I know, I know it doesn't seem like FBI investigation. Just kidding... :)

Estimated time for receiving answers is 800days. :D[/QUOTE]

:D :) :D

This sounds bizarre. I've never heard of USCIS sending letters to strangers about cases that have no bearing on them. Are you sure someone is not playing a prank on you?

Is there a form no. for this letter?

If it is regarding me (someone in Gaithersburg, MD) then please be nice :)

Coz I wrote to all different people complaining hope they are not looking for an option so that I will never complain again.

:D
Looks like USCIS is late even sending out its April fool jokes.:D