USCIS Receipting Updates - Weekly??

Rceived receipts

4-Derivatives applications (EAD only):
4-Applications Received/signed on 7-30-2007 by TSC
Received receipts 8-12-2007
After that 4-RFE notices received on 8-21-2007
I sent reponses of 4-RFEs on 8-24-2007, 4-RFEs responses received by TSC on 8-27-2008 (USPS tracking).
Current Online messages/LUDs: 8/28/2007, 8/29/2008 RFE response received...

Wife Application (EAD):
Received/signed on 7-30-2007 by NBC (USPS tracking). No activity on check, No receipt as of today.

August 31 Receipting Update Released - TSC CLOSED since 06/30/2007

The August 31, 2007 'Receipting Update' of the USCIS has been released and I am quite shocked at the abnormal delay of the TSC in opening the application packets compared to NSC.

After the labor day, I am planning on consulting a civil lawyer (not an immigration lawyer) to look at the possibility to sue the USCIS, especially the TSC for absolutely 'no action' since 06/30/2007.

Good find! Donno why they did not release the standard PDF this time....
Anyways....really surprizing that TSC has not moved the dates yet!!
Progress at NSC is also not very great......am guessing they received more and more apps as the deadline was approaching...

Give them time

Imm_Exploited,

I agree with you and I can understand your frustations. But one thing we all have to understand is TSC received applications from two fronts (one, direct I-485 filings ~ approx. 40000 on July 2nd only and then all the transfer cases from NSC). For NSC (they received ~30000 on July 2nd), its a easy job because they receive applications and transfer chunk of it to TSC. So you will always see TSC lagging behind than NSC. Because TSC is keep getting applications from NSC.

Between July 2nd and July 17, not many applications were filed. So once NSC got pass July 2nd, ofcourse its gonna look pretty good in processing receipts. Same could be true for TSC.

I have seen in different forums that so many people are getting their EADs and FPs very quickly (sometimes within a week) after getting their receipts from TSC in compare to NSC. So TSC is doing very well in issuing EADs / AP, processing I140 (see recent processing date updates).

Have some patience my friend. Long journey is waiting ahead. Getting receipts is just the begining.

proteineptitude

Thank you for the encouraging words but I am not in the same boat as 300,000 or more applicants whose petitions that reached between July 2 and August 17, 2007. My applications (I-485 - I-131 - I765) along with applications of my wife and two kids reached TSC on June 14, 2007 and I have not only the receipts only my I-485 - I-131 - I765 but in the first week August, I have already received both by EAD & AP for myself physically in my hand.

What I am frustrated is about the applications of my wife and kids which were received by TSC on June 14, 2007 (in the same packet along with my applications and documents), were rejected and sent back to the attorney for lack of a 'copy' of my I-140 approval notice document (which of-course was attached along with my I-485 - I-131 - I765). The irony of the deal is that the attorney received the rejected applications on July 5 and sent them back on the same day by placing a copy of approved I-140 on all the three applications that reached TSC on July 6, 2007 (we have a FedEx confirmation).

Another thing that frustrates me is what I have seen around these forums: people in similar situations got an RFE for the lack of I-140 and they have even received the EAD and AP approvals after they sent a copy of the approved I-140 in response to the RFE. In my case however, applications of my family members are not even receipted as of now.

I know I have a solid case to sue the USCIS on the receipt notices and I am seriously considering to take action. Further, some needs to bring in an injunction against USCIS so that they will never make the priority dates 'current' in future without enough visas available.

By the way, what is your PD proteineptitude?

Mine is October 2003 - EB2 - India and I am hoping to have my GC by the end of this year if I don't get it before September 30, 2007.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look all I do not know what USCIS is doing . MY AOS for my self and derivatives along with ead applications were sent by fedex on june29th and was received on the morning of july2,2007. I am EB3 with PD JUNE 2006. To date no receipts have been received . I do not trust USCIS. I checked with my lawyer on august 31, 2007 and no receipt has been received. Yet THEY HAVE PUBLISHED THAT THEY HAVE SEND OUT RECEIPTS FOR THE PERIOD ENDING AUGUST 17. How can a mail take over 14 days to deliver in the US. uscis is not being honest with the public. As I see it they just wanted our money and now that they have collected it we are being used once more. This time it is not by our employers but the government.

It is frustating

Imm_Exploited,

I can imagine your stress and pain caused by USCIS. My suggestions in previous post were more general, as clearly, I was unaware of the details of your case. I wish you a good luck in getting GC and hope your wife and kids get the receipts and EAD/AP soon.

My PD is Aug 04. 485 filed at NSC on 2nd July (checks cahsed).

Is USCIS processing cases by priority date?

I have not heard or seen any one with a PD of 2006 or later get a receipt. Is there anyone with a PD of 2006 / 2007 that have got their receipts?

I have a PD of 2006, my papers were received by August 6th and as per the receipting dates from USCIS, I should get my receipts in 2 weeks time from today. But I'm not expecting it to happen because I feel the papers are being processed (keyed into the system) by priority date.

any thoughts?

Look all I do not know what USCIS is doing . MY AOS for my self and derivatives along with ead applications were sent by fedex on june29th and was received on the morning of july2,2007. I am EB3 with PD JUNE 2006. To date no receipts have been received . I do not trust USCIS. I checked with my lawyer on august 31, 2007 and no receipt has been received. Yet THEY HAVE PUBLISHED THAT THEY HAVE SEND OUT RECEIPTS FOR THE PERIOD ENDING AUGUST 17. How can a mail take over 14 days to deliver in the US. uscis is not being honest with the public. As I see it they just wanted our money and now that they have collected it we are being used once more. This time it is not by our employers but the government.

I have not heard or seen any one with a PD of 2006 or later get a receipt. Is there anyone with a PD of 2006 / 2007 that have got their receipts?

I have a PD of 2006, my papers were received by August 6th and as per the receipting dates from USCIS, I should get my receipts in 2 weeks time from today. But I'm not expecting it to happen because I feel the papers are being processed (keyed into the system) by priority date.

any thoughts?

I mailed in derivative's I/485, 765 and 131 to NSC on 6/29/07. My I/140 was approved by TSC and my I/485 is pending with TSC. My PD is 04/2001. Still waiting for receipts for derivative. Not sure about checks cashing as my atterney sent his checks

From Vinay's post I understand that people with earlier PD such as 2001 hav'nt received receipts.

Are there people with 2006 / 2007 PD that have received receipts?

From Vinay's post I understand that people with earlier PD such as 2001 hav'nt received receipts.

Are there people with 2006 / 2007 PD that have received receipts?
don't worry too much about receipt notice my friend. you filed you labor less than ONE YEAR ago. People here are waiting for green card over 6 years such as Vinay.

you will get receipts . don't worry as long as you have filed your docs properly.

The August 31, 2007 'Receipting Update' of the USCIS has been released and I am quite shocked at the abnormal delay of the TSC in opening the application packets compared to NSC.

After the labor day, I am planning on consulting a civil lawyer (not an immigration lawyer) to look at the possibility to sue the USCIS, especially the TSC for absolutely 'no action' since 06/30/2007.

How did you find this? Please let us know.

any thoughts?

Yes couple of my frineds (From 2006 PD lot) not only got their receipts , they also got Finger Print notices as well. And shocking is that for some of them receipting dates from this bullshit updates do not match with their receipt dates. TSC still shows 06/30/07 for 485. One of my friend (2006 PD lot) got all his receipts and his PD is 07/27/07.:eek:

In the home page, there is a section in the right hand side, which says "Important Alerts", In that click on the link "Latest USCIS Application and Receipt Update". This will give you the latest application receipt dates, however not sure about the authenticity of the information