USCIS Online Status

LegalAlien2

Registered Users (C)
How often does the USCIS Online Status Search change?

Following is the response when I started tracking it:

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On November 29, 2007, we received this N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice....

When would it change next? ... after the FP is completed ? after the name check is done? after the FBI clearance?

I know the case will disappear once I'm scheduled for the interview. But does the status change ever from the initial status?

I think only the LUD (or last update date) changes. The online status does not inform you of whether or not your finger prints were received, or you case has been transfered to the local office for an interview. Also, the status disappears for some people, so even that is not a clear indication that an interview has been scheduled.

I do know from personal experience that the online status changes or updates with approvals (for example for the GC or travel document), when CIS asks for an RFE, and when they get the requested information from you.

Don't pay attention to the online status. Mine says my N400 was received in June 22 and It will ......

I am a US citizen since Nov 28 2007 and I even got the US passport but the online status has not changed.

How often does the USCIS Online Status Search change?

Following is the response when I started tracking it:

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On November 29, 2007, we received this N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice....

When would it change next? ... after the FP is completed ? after the name check is done? after the FBI clearance?

I know the case will disappear once I'm scheduled for the interview. But does the status change ever from the initial status?

From previous posters, it appears the USCIS online system is updated infrequently and haphazardly. It may be the same system used by customer agents to provide you with case update, but it's not the same system used by immigration officers to provide more detailed information on your case.

I think only the LUD (or last update date) changes. The online status does not inform you of whether or not your finger prints were received, or you case has been transfered to the local office for an interview. Also, the status disappears for some people, so even that is not a clear indication that an interview has been scheduled.

I do know from personal experience that the online status changes or updates with approvals (for example for the GC or travel document), when CIS asks for an RFE, and when they get the requested information from you.

For some reason, N-400 does not change in online status box. I got my FP notice didn't have a change and then I got FP done, I check and didn't change. Even the LUD doesn't change. I guess they don't process it online after you receive your notice.

Where is the LUD on the Case Status Page?

Is it the "November 29, 2007" ?

LUD is not there. When you register yourself with USCIS website and creat an account with them, they let you look at your case(s) you have in your list. In the schedule that you will see after loging in your account there is the section that date changes which we call it LUD or Last Update Date.
But mine didn't change at all so I am not really sure if this is applicable to N-400 applications.

LUD is not there. When you register yourself with USCIS website and creat an account with them, they let you look at your case(s) you have in your list. In the schedule that you will see after loging in your account there is the section that date changes which we call it LUD or Last Update Date.
But mine didn't change at all so I am not really sure if this is applicable to N-400 applications.

It will change after the results have been sent back to USCIS electronically. Give it a day or two. :)

Thanks for explaining the LUD! I just logged in and noticed that the LUD for my cases is 12/6.... maybe they issued the Receipt for the N-400 apps which I haven't received yet. My FP Notice was issued on 12/4. I will keep you updated whatever I hear next.

Thanks for explaining the LUD! I just logged in and noticed that the LUD for my cases is 12/6.... maybe they issued the Receipt for the N-400 apps which I haven't received yet. My FP Notice was issued on 12/4. I will keep you updated whatever I hear next.

Hi LegalAlien2 -

Your NOA got lost in the mail. USCIS will never send out a FP Notice before a NOA - so you can bet it is lost. You should call USCIS and request to speak to an Immigration Officer at the service center where you submitted the N-400s. Once you get the IO, just ask them to resend you the NOA, as you haven't gotten it. Make sure to let them know you want it for your records.

This has personally happened to me in the past and this is what I did to get a new NOA. Don't worry, the priority date will remain the same.

LolaLi,

I called uscis to get information regarding my FP notice and the first Customer Service said she can request a service for me to get my FP notice, but I called them again the second Customer Service told me she can't do anything about my FP notice. I get a little confused here. Do you have any information about that?
Maybe I should call them back who knows I'll get different Customer Service that will request me my FP. This is the first time though that I know that you can actually request a service regarding FP notice.

action123,

LolaLi is mentioning that you can request the N-400 Receipt to be resent if it got lost in mail. You can't request a FP notice to be sent to you. I don't know if there's a way you can find out if you've been scheduled for FP.... maybe if you speak to an IO they could look up and tell you that, and also resend it, if you didn't receive a FP notice.

LolaLi.

Thanks for sharing your experience! But do I really care about my NOT receiving the NOA Receipt. The FP notice mentions the LIN# and the Receipt Date, and my case is progressing, that's all I care about...right?

LolaLi,

I called uscis to get information regarding my FP notice and the first Customer Service said she can request a service for me to get my FP notice, but I called them again the second Customer Service told me she can't do anything about my FP notice. I get a little confused here. Do you have any information about that?
Maybe I should call them back who knows I'll get different Customer Service that will request me my FP. This is the first time though that I know that you can actually request a service regarding FP notice.

Well to be honest, your receipt is proof of your submission so I always like to have that. In the past they used to keep the FP notice, but now they stamp it and give it back to you. If you have the time, it shouldn't hurt to get a copy of the receipt. In some instances, a copy of that receipt is used to file for another benefit, but this isn't applicable to citizenship applications. :) IT is ultimately your choice.

LolaLi,

LegalAlien2 is correct. Forget speaking to those contractors at the main number. Ask to speak to an Immigration Officer at the service center you submitted the application. The IO will be able to look in the system and let you know if a FP notice was sent out. If one was sent out and lost in the mail, the IO would be able to send you a duplicate.

Thanks for the info.
I will wait for a little bit longer maybe until early january and will call and talk to the IO instead

I wish if they updated the online status to indicate the FP info.... damn these folks they doubled the fees for N-400 but their system is still not up to the mark !!!!!!

I don't see a use of registering online if they never update the system and never send out emails. Has anyone ever received an email about their case being updated???

LegalAlien2 is correct. Forget speaking to those contractors at the main number. Ask to speak to an Immigration Officer at the service center you submitted the application. The IO will be able to look in the system and let you know if a FP notice was sent out. If one was sent out and lost in the mail, the IO would be able to send you a duplicate.

Who are the contractors?
What is the way to get past them to get to an immigration officer?
It is really impossible to get to an immigration officer. Those customer reps. won't transfer the calls to the immigration officer.
The service order - GET THIS TAKES 45 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
plus these customer reps. won't transfer the calls to immigration officer who has real time information!

Who are the contractors?
What is the way to get past them to get to an immigration officer?
It is really impossible to get to an immigration officer. Those customer reps. won't transfer the calls to the immigration officer.
The service order - GET THIS TAKES 45 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
plus these customer reps. won't transfer the calls to immigration officer who has real time information!

The easiest way to get to a immigration officer is to tell customer service rep you didn't receive NOA but that cash was checked and you're checking status and wanted receipt number of case.

yup I agree about the registering online but never get update what is that for...
ehm. I don't understand that part. maybe they put permission somewhere that makes the IO only can see different info than what we see, but what is the point.

I wish if they updated the online status to indicate the FP info.... damn these folks they doubled the fees for N-400 but their system is still not up to the mark !!!!!!

I don't see a use of registering online if they never update the system and never send out emails. Has anyone ever received an email about their case being updated???

The easiest way to get to a immigration officer is to tell customer service rep you didn't receive NOA but that cash was checked and you're checking status and wanted receipt number of case.

Is this a common practice? Do folks here tell this kind of thing to get to IO on the phone?

How do other folks manage to get past contractor custoer reps and talk to the IO on the phone? Please update this.