• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

USCIS online status not clear

barryp

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I received NOA letters and just looked at the application status on the USCIS web site. It kind of strange. My spose status says that the application processing will take between 120 and 180 days ... etc ....
On the other hand, my applcation status is different. It said: "...your fingerprint fee was accepted as complete, and processing of your case has resumed...". All fees where payied by USPS money orders (315$ I-485 and 70 $ FP). Both NOA letters specify the same amount of money (385$).

Any idea about what does it mean?

Thanks,
Barry

It always was the same

It was always the same. Both statuses are from the same date - the date when they received our applications. The same date also is listed by the NOA.

Barry

barryp said:
It was always the same. Both statuses are from the same date - the date when they received our applications. The same date also is listed by the NOA.

Barry

so your status like your spouses also says 120-180 days you mean?

barryp said:
Hi,

I received NOA letters and just looked at the application status on the USCIS web site. It kind of strange. My spose status says that the application processing will take between 120 and 180 days ... etc ....
On the other hand, my applcation status is different. It said: "...your fingerprint fee was accepted as complete, and processing of your case has resumed...". All fees where payied by USPS money orders (315$ I-485 and 70 $ FP). Both NOA letters specify the same amount of money (385$).

Any idea about what does it mean?

Thanks,
Barry

Don't worry, I have exactly same situation ;)

CATI2006 said:
so your status like your spouses also says 120-180 days you mean?

Not, what I meant that from the start our statuses where different. The "...120-180 days ..." for my spose and "...your fingerprint fee was accepted..." for me. Well, as we can see here, accountant has the same situation. I guess the particular status message we see on-line depends on order they proceded checks. Probably miningless. I saw on other forums somebody mentioned the same status. This person sent incorrect FP fee. After the RFE, he sent the correct amount, his status was changed to "...your fingerprint fee was accepted...".

Another thing to mention, I found that if you are registered USCIS web site user, you get information, that is not available otherways. Specifically - date of last status change. At least in my case, this date is different from the date of the NOA and/or the status note.

Ufff, when all this waitings will be over ...

Thanks to all responders to my message,
Barry