USCIS letter to appear

waitinglist2003

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
I and My wife got a letter from USCIS to appear at local office next month. MY date is feb 2003 (EB3 India) a. I am not close to current date. Prob they want some more documents . Does anyone have any idea ?

Guys,
I and My wife got a letter from USCIS to appear at local office next month. MY date is feb 2003 (EB3 India) a. I am not close to current date. Prob they want some more documents . Does anyone have any idea ?
what is written on the letter?

It says that please come to the address shown below at the time and place in connection with offical matter. ask for adjudications officer.

I am unable make a guess why they need you and your wife to visit Local USCIS and your PD is also not current. Please update us after you visit the local office. Show the letter to your lawyer and he may be able give some info why you both have been called to Local office. Did they wrote what document or paper to bring when visit local office?
did some employer filed any I-140 in past?
are you sure about your PD? PD is the date LC was filed.

I am unable make a guess why they need you and your wife to visit Local USCIS and your PD is also not current. Please update us after you visit the local office. Show the letter to your lawyer and he may be able give some info why you both have been called to Local office. Did they wrote what document or paper to bring when visit local office?
did some employer filed any I-140 in past?
are you sure about your PD? PD is the date LC was filed.

Yeah I called my lawyer and she is going to find more from uscis office. They did not ask me to bring anything else beside Passport and this letter. I am hearing of this new thing preregistration of I 485 Cases . Yeah my PD is Feb 2003. My lawayer was not able to make anything from the letter too. I heard that other people are also getting letters but everyone is diffrent. if anyone has same scenerio please let us know.
thanks

Yeah I called my lawyer and she is going to find more from uscis office. They did not ask me to bring anything else beside Passport and this letter. I am hearing of this new thing preregistration of I 485 Cases . Yeah my PD is Feb 2003. My lawayer was not able to make anything from the letter too. I heard that other people are also getting letters but everyone is diffrent. if anyone has same scenerio please let us know.
thanks
Yes they are doing Pre Adjudication for I-485 and if they find any document missing then they are sending RFE and once they got info or missing document they attach it to I-485 file so that I-485 can be approved immediately when PD becomes current. Your I-485 file is with service center and not at local office .if they are doing Pre Adjudication then if something is missing then RFE should be from Service center for the document. If your file was transferred to Local office then you or your lawyer gets letter that on date XYZ they have transferred I-485 to local office ABC. If your file is at local USCIS office then if they need any document from you or your wife they should ask for that document to bring when visit local office.

Did somebody filed complaint against your employer in past for H1 violations? Is your employer who filed I-140 being investigated? Are you on H1 Or using EAD? Wife is on H4 status or using EAD?

Yes they are doing Pre Adjudication for I-485 and if they find any document missing then they are sending RFE and once they got info or missing document they attach it to I-485 file so that I-485 can be approved immediately when PD becomes current. Your I-485 file is with service center and not at local office .if they are doing Pre Adjudication then if something is missing then RFE should be from Service center for the document. If your file was transferred to Local office then you or your lawyer gets letter that on date XYZ they have transferred I-485 to local office ABC. If your file is at local USCIS office then if they need any document from you or your wife they should ask for that document to bring when visit local office.

Did somebody filed complaint against your employer in past for H1 violations? Is your employer who filed I-140 being investigated? Are you on H1 Or using EAD? Wife is on H4 status or using EAD?

my file moved to local office few months back.we had ref last year and we took care of it. there is no mention of any document. I am with same employer for 8 + years. Employer is big company of 8000 employees. no emplyer is not under any onvestigation. we are using EADs , our last H1 will expire in 2010.

my file moved to local office few months back.we had ref last year and we took care of it. there is no mention of any document. I am with same employer for 8 + years. Employer is big company of 8000 employees. no emplyer is not under any onvestigation.

we are using EADs , our last H1 will expire in 2010.
-------------------If you are using EAD then you are not on H1 status and your wife is not on H4 status.

Please update us after you visit local office.

Please update us after you visit local office.

Yeah I know we are not in H1 status. We both had our H1s before and their valid date has not expired yet. I know I can not use them . We will keep you updated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please update us after you have your interview done.

PD: March 2003 EB3

We went for interview today. Everything went well . Immigration officer was nice. She asked general questions regarding documents and verified all of them. I and my wife both were in the same room.

In the end she said that your date is not current so we can not approve it right now but as soon as dates are current we will approve it.

Hope dates become current soon.. :)

We went for interview today. Everything went well . Immigration officer was nice. She asked general questions regarding documents and verified all of them. I and my wife both were in the same room.

In the end she said that your date is not current so we can not approve it right now but as soon as dates are current we will approve it.

Good to hear it was all nice.
What documents did you carry for verification? I thought you were only asked to carry passport along with you.

Good to hear it was all nice.
What documents did you carry for verification? I thought you were only asked to carry passport along with you.

I know they did not ask me to bring anything but still I carried latest paystub,marrige certificate,the visa bulletin of my 485 date and bank statement.

Glad everything went well.