USCIS going through Audit

wantmygcnow

Volunteer Moderator
The USCIS is going through an AUDIT..This is through my lawyer as I had no knowledge about it.

As most of you may not know but Government agencies are audited by the Government itself to see how they are using the processes. This usually happens at the start of the fiscal year to set forth the goals of USCIS & the budget($$$) allocated....This is internal stuff which gets rarely released to the public...

USCIS has announced plans to conduct an agency-wide inventory of all
pending cases. The apparent purpose is to determine the dollar value of these cases, so that the correct amount can be withdrawn from the "processing fee account" and be put toward processing the case
backlog. The audit will involve opening each file and counting each form. This may interrupt processing for at least a month at all the four Service Centers.

If the money is correctly allocated and the USCIS can hire more adjudicators, or provide for overtime of their employees to adjudicate pending petitions, then perhaps future processing will speed up.

porkman said:
Are you telling us that they will not be able to approve any cases during the next month?? :confused:

yeah ! either this or very few new approvals for another months. what happens to old elephant when he is already weak and wounded... :eek:

Lazerthegreat said:
well your signature shows that sign :eek: already...

Holly cow,

Lazer you did your BIO in march and still waiting?

That's messed up. They are so unpredictable, I just don't know what to think anymore....I can only check my darn e-mail 15,258 times a day.

I know it's coming and that's why I'm so impatient, but just like EspressoJoy said this is TOO MUCH already.

Peace to all,

E

I agree, it is too much. I did my bio in sep 05, which is after some people on this forum, but I too check my e-mail like a mad man every day. All we can do is hope and pray

first quarter is the less productive

it s a fact that the first quarter of the fiscal year is the less productive. if besides this you add the coming audit we should not expect many approvals in the next month or two.

Audit

So the LUD changes on the 5th, 6th and 7th of October may have been triggered by the auditors going through our files :D

dardan said:
So the LUD changes on the 5th, 6th and 7th of October may have been triggered by the auditors going through our files :D

Well what can you do? nothing. Government sucks. Its all crazy and the funny thing is we at work are also going to be assesed early november. 2 Weeks of BS and interviews in front of suits who don't know shiize about anything..

guacho said:
it s a fact that the first quarter of the fiscal year is the less productive. if besides this you add the coming audit we should not expect many approvals in the next month or two.
well , my "source" told me to wait till oct 26.they will approve thousands of cases next month.im not cheking lud till oct 26 now.i feel like a stupid ,checking lud 20 times every day.by the way, i newer know what lud means before i found this forum, and never wait for gc so bad , like now..
i better live my life and dont read upset posts here ,guys , anyway i wish you all good luck , and got approval tomorrow.

wantmygcnow said:
The USCIS is going through an AUDIT..This is through my lawyer as I had no knowledge about it.

As most of you may not know but Government agencies are audited by the Government itself to see how they are using the processes. This usually happens at the start of the fiscal year to set forth the goals of USCIS & the budget($$$) allocated....This is internal stuff which gets rarely released to the public...

pending cases. The apparent purpose is to determine the dollar value of these cases, so that the correct amount can be withdrawn from the "processing fee account" and be put toward processing the case
backlog. The audit will involve opening each file and counting each form. This may interrupt processing for at least a month at all the four Service Centers.

If the money is correctly allocated and the USCIS can hire more adjudicators, or provide for overtime of their employees to adjudicate pending petitions, then perhaps future processing will speed up.

wantmygcnow said:

Well, I think what you're describing sounds like an inventory rather than an audit. I work for human resources in a company and every so often the auditors from the labor department come in and pull out only a few applications on a random basis to make sure we follow the procedure in hiring people. Plus, USCIS has the exact number of cases in the backlog, its in the computer. It's 977,644 as of August 2005. I don't understand why the auditors should come in and look at every single case there exists in USCIS. That's not their job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Espritis said:
Holly cow,

Lazer you did your BIO in march and still waiting?

That's messed up. They are so unpredictable, I just don't know what to think anymore....I can only check my darn e-mail 15,258 times a day.

I know it's coming and that's why I'm so impatient, but just like EspressoJoy said this is TOO MUCH already.

Peace to all,

E

yeah I know its crazy.... but hey what can you do? :confused:

Vle said:
Well, I think what you're describing sounds like an inventory rather than an audit. I work for human resources in a company and every so often the auditors from the labor department come in and pull out only a few applications on a random basis to make sure we follow the procedure in hiring people. Plus, USCIS has the exact number of cases in the backlog, its in the computer. It's 977,644 as of August 2005. I don't understand why the auditors should come in and look at every single case there exists in USCIS. That's not their job.

Audits are done to make sure the money allocated for upcoming fiscal year meets the resources. If USCIS says they need 100 new officers because they have X cases to be processed by them...they need to explain that. Audit is done to ensure the GOVT(USCIS) Is not screwing the GOVT(Congress). Every year congress gives the USCIS money..so they are dependent on them. Its very normal what they do.

What you are describing is a different audit..its the EEO audit..different than budget audit.

wantmygcnow said:
Audits are done to make sure the money allocated for upcoming fiscal year meets the resources. If USCIS says they need 100 new officers because they have X cases to be processed by them...they need to explain that. Audit is done to ensure the GOVT(USCIS) Is not screwing the GOVT(Congress). Every year congress gives the USCIS money..so they are dependent on them. Its very normal what they do.

What you are describing is a different audit..its the EEO audit..different than budget audit.

Want! I though USCIS is most self-funded... Don't they just raise the fees? :)

It is bad that when they are using "customer's" money, the process is still slow.

Did the source tell the siginificance of Oct 26th, USCIS B'day

ClevelandOH said:
well , my "source" told me to wait till oct 26.they will approve thousands of cases next month.im not cheking lud till oct 26 now.i feel like a stupid ,checking lud 20 times every day.by the way, i newer know what lud means before i found this forum, and never wait for gc so bad , like now..
i better live my life and dont read upset posts here ,guys , anyway i wish you all good luck , and got approval tomorrow.

EspressoJoy said:
yeah, seriously, why Oct 26, pray tell?

Its close to halloween and USCIS is used to scaring people..So y not use the actual day to scare us..? Trick or Treat? Trick is to send more RFE request or Treat is to give us the GC!

wantmygcnow said:
Its close to halloween and USCIS is used to scaring people..So y not use the actual day to scare us..? Trick or Treat? Trick is to send more RFE request or Treat is to give us the GC!

... or trick us by sending another fingerprint notice. :mad: