USCIS approval: how to track it

diaperchanger

Registered Users (C)
:confused: can anyone please teach me how to know the progress of your waiver (based on no objection) once the dept. of state has given you a favorable recommendation then turned it over to USCIS.
i know that you have a case number but you can only check if they have what kind of recommendation they have given you and not if the USCIS have approved it or not.

hope someone here can help. thanks :)

NOA -Notice of Action, this was the letter where USCIS said that they received my papers and indicated my case number.

It was Nebraska service center. I was still concerned that it took USCIS more than a month to produce NOA after recommendation was sent. I eventually visited my local immigration office, and they were able to find my case number. Of course, when I came home, the NOA was in my mailbox.

Notice of Action received June 14, 2006
Waiver recommendation received June 6, 2006 (took only 2 weeks)
No Objection Statement Received May 25, 2006
Recommendation Sent May 25, 2006
Fee Received May 17, 2006
Form DS-3035 Received May 17, 2006
Form DS-2019 Received May 17, 2006
Passport Data Page Received May 17, 2006
Letter of Representation Received May 17, 2006
Statement Of Reason Received May 17, 2006
Other Received May 17, 2006

Last edited by a moderator:
How to check waiver status at USCIS?

To the Informed/Experienced,

I learned of the DOS favorable recommendation of my waiver application recently via the DOS case status check website. However, how do I keep track of the progress at USCIS? The USCIS case status check website requires a 13-character application receipt number enclosed in the application notices potentially received from the USCIS which I have not yet received. Should a call to the relevant authority be made, and if so, who? (i.e. DOS or USCIS). Also, is a visit to the local USCIS office recommended?

Thank you.

kez

you will be given a receipt/ Notice of Action from USCIS that indicates a recipt number that you can put and check at the USCIS website you have seen.

As I stated in the posts above, the local USCIS office will be helpful but only if the case has been created for you and the receipt is mailed. if you have been waiting for a long time, then yes, visit the local office, they will be able to search for your case by your name. If you call, they will need that 13-digit receipt number, so calling is useless. If according to DoS website favorable recommendation was made just recently, give it some time for USCIS to respond. In my case it took 1 month, other people are receiving USCIS notices of action within a week or so.

Diaperchanger and Nemu,

Thanks for the quick and helpful replies. Diaperchanger, it seems that your timeline is similar to mine. Have you receive the receipt number from USCIS yet?

not yet

i have received a COPY of the favorable recommendation but no receipt or notice of action from USCIS. I am pretty hopeful that it will come within the week or next, lets just both cross our fingers.
for the meantime, i am still changing diapers....hehehe :p

Did any of you get the final approval? My USCIS receipt is dated on June 28 (Nebraska Center), but I haven't received the USCIS final approval yet.

I did registered and kept tracking it everyday. All I can get is that the last update was dated 07/03/2006. I am wondering why it takes so long. Does anyone have similar situation in Nebraska Center? Thanks.

depends on what type of waiver you were seeking for.
NO is faster than others...

zhan said:
I did registered and kept tracking it everyday. All I can get is that the last update was dated 07/03/2006. I am wondering why it takes so long. Does anyone have similar situation in Nebraska Center? Thanks.