USC, planning a trip to India, question with flt tickets

PittsfieldMA

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I became a USC a few months ago and now I am planning a trip to India with my family. Is it okay if I book my flight ticket from a travel agent in India? He could email me the itinarary and eticket number etc. With all the security stuff etc, is it legal/okay to book ticket from India? Sorry if the question sounds silly and thanks-a-ton in advance.

Where you buy the tickets does not make the slightest difference. All you need to worry is that your name on the tickets should match that in your passport.

After becoming USC, can I travel with India PP-GC? Should I have to file for India Travel Visa, which means, I have to submit the Indian PP. Please advise

After becoming USC, can I travel with India PP-GC? Should I have to file for India Travel Visa, which means, I have to submit the Indian PP. Please advise

You cannot use them.

Before you take oath, they take away the GC, re-entry permit if any. You india PP is invalid after you become USC and should be marked as such at the earliest. Usually people wait till they get OCI or PIO or visa to do this.