USC in CANADA what to sponsor Canadian wife

0228chocolair

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Im a US citicen living in Nova Scotia Canada. My wife and I are looking to move to the US but we're confused on how to apply for her to come with me to live and work in the US. I unnderstand we have to fill out the I-130 form, but since I live here I don;t know where to mail it to? Do I take it to the consulate in Halifax in person? The marriage took place here in Canada, can we wait here for the paperwork then legally move back? Please help!! Thanks in advance.
What are the exact forms I need to file?

There was a time when US consulates in Canada offered DFC. Call the nearest US consulate to find out if you can still do that. If not, you need to file an I-130 at Nebraska I believe.

Do I take it to the consulate in Halifax in person? The marriage took place here in Canada, can we wait here for the paperwork then legally move back?

I tried calling the US consulate in HAlifax but it's all automated. So you think I have to file the I-130 and send it to Nebraska even if I live in Canada? Is that the only form???

Assuming you are not allowed to undergo DCF, I-130 to Nebraska is the starting point. Read it's instructions up. It has a few supplemental forms too.

So you think I have to file the I-130 and send it to Nebraska even if I live in Canada? Is that the only form???