US TN Visa extention

jack9378

Hi,

I had 3 years TN visa and yearly came to US 3-4 times, 2 weeks' stay each time. I moved to since Jan.middle, and i am going to apply TN visa extension with USCIS since my visa will expire in May.2024.

Can you please tell if there is any risk for my visibilty or any other risk? and is there any dependency of TN visa extension with number of days presence in USA?

Any guidance is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Thank you for response. To be clear, I am having TN visa but most of the time i am working from Canada and ocassionally visiting USA for work. And other times i am working from home from Canada location.

My employer has asked to apply for TN visa extension, and i am not sure if there is minimum number of days stays rquire in USA on TN visa.?
WIll this casue for rejectoin of my TN visa extension?

Note: I am on TN visa, working from canada and getting USA payroll.

You have been using TN status until now, so clearly there is no problem. You need a TN status even to work one day in US, so there is no minimum time to spend in US in order to get a TN.

Thank you for claryfying that there is no minimum days requriemnt to stay in USA for TN visa. I am good with this.

But i am on USA payroll and as i mentioned , occassionaly travelling to USA and most of the time working remotely from Canada.
So is it any leagal government requirement that i need to be on Canada payroll or is it ok to be on USA payroll since i am having TN visa?

Will this be an issue if i am on USA payroll, while submitting for TN visa extenson? They will look for payroll ?

How many times do you require me to say it is no problem in terms of getting TN?

As to taxation matters, that is another story, but now that you have moved to US, there is no problem there.

Your 2020 to 2022 taxes can be discussed at forums.serbinski.com -- not here.