US passport

royal123

Registered Users (C)
My husband and I applied for our passports at local postoffice on Thursday 18th Oct. We paid for expedite service and express mail both ways. Passport application was delivered to PA passport office on Friday 19th Oct. I called up passport information center on Tuesday 23rd Oct. in the morning as I could not see the status online. The customer service rep. said that he could see my information online and it was entered in the morning. I still could not see it. But when I tried few hours later, I could see my status online. Also initially it showed that I had asked for routine service and then later on it changed to expedite.
I plan to apply at a passport office for my daugher's passport as we are waiting for her birth certificate. We are travelling outside the country on 20th November. According to the gentleman I spoke to at the passport center, the earliest I could make an appointment was the 7th November. Does anyone know that if I call on 7th Nov. (early morning), what are my chances of getting an appointment for next day (8th November) at Washington D.C. passport office?

Your chances of getting appointment on November 8th are minimal.

Once you get appointment it should take a day to get passport.

Signature

How do we sign the passport ? Regular signature that we did on our driv license or the one we did on our naturalization certificate (wrote full name with flowing hand writing). Please advice.

Thanks.

Well my passport has my regular signature, which is not my full name. That signature matches my credit card signature, my DL signature, etc. Only my naturalisation certificate has my full-name-cursive signature.

I wish they change their terminology and avoid using the word 'sign' or 'signature' wherever they expect us to simply write our full names in cursive. At one point or the other this terminology has confused everyone.

They should just tell us to 'write' our full names. Simple.

Regards.

OY

Not 100% sure if this is correct but the way I usually decide is, when they say PRINT your full name, that usually means spell your name in full and write it in all upper case (or cursive in Nat cert). When they say SIGN your name, that means signature like on a check. I guess they say sign your name for signature so that you do not just write your initials but a regular sign.

What is the current timeline for a expedited & regular passport issuance at SF agency

Can someone share the current timeline for a expedited & regular passport issuance at SF agency?

You sign your normal signature (the usual signature you have on your DL, bank/checks, etc.) on the passport application and in the passport when it arrives.

It is only in the naturalization certificate (and in the photos in N400) that you write your full name in cursive.

The USPS status shows 'item delivered' with the tracking no. provided by the U.S. Passport Application Status website.

I received only the naturalization certificate and not the passport itself. I understand that they could be mailed separately.

The National Passport Information Center could not confirm if the tracking number provided was for the actual passport or just the certificate.

Anyone faced a similar situation ? Thanks.

====

I became a citizen last month and I applied passport immediately.
I received my passport on regular post, with in 10 days after I applied.

I was going through my data page on that passport and found that
Endorsements in which it is written to see page 27 and I turned
the page 27 of the passport and I see nothing in that page and it is just empty.
Am I missing some thing here? Please let me know if any one had this
problem before. I though there must be some kind of Endorsement in the page 27
in the form of seal or some thing!!

a2b

Blank page is common. All it means is, if thers is any endorsement, it will be on Page 27. If there is nothing to endorse (Which is how it is for most), there won't be anything.

Expedited Passport takes 6-7 business days in Bay Area

Hi Folks
Just wanted to update you all.

I ad my wife applied for our US passports together on May 16 (Fri) afternoon, and i received mine on May 28 and My wife's today on May 29.
Not couting the weekends and Memorial day holiday, it took 6-7 business days for us, not counting the day we sent the docs and the day we got it.
This is pretty quick.

Also if you apply expedited, I think they send you the Nat. Certificate and the passport together, unlike as in regular processing where they send them separately, generally the Nat certificate comes a few days after the passport.

So now have to get a PIO for india so that i can travel asap. Anyone has any idea how long a PIO is taking now a days?

Regards