US passport timeline

it's already been more than 4 weeks and I have not received the passports yet. I guess thats why they told me 8-12 weeks.

question : does it take more time if one orders both the passport book and the card? I applied for just the book and if what the CSR told me holds good, my pp book should be here in the next 3-5 bizdays.

Got it!!

I was not expecting to get my pp today but to my surprise it came in today's mail. Interestingly, the csr had told me 3-5 days. It came with Priority mail. Strange thing is I have not yet opened it....although I can not wait to open the evenlope and get a good look at it..smell it...and take whole bunch of pictures. But, this is my wife has gone to Florida Gators game and I would like to open when she is here so that we can both share the excitement together. Wasn't that so nice of me?? Ladies gonna says..."aww...cute"...but I really wanted my wife to share my excitement. So, by this evening I will have opened pp in my hands. By the way, no passport card yet. Also...no pp for my toddler son yet. So, we are going to have 2 more reasons to go to the mail. Now, it is time to start planning a vacation overseas and put my new pp to use. atlanta2008, you will be getting yours today (did you check your mail?) if not early next week for SURE!!

I had applied only for the passport book, no card.
I am not sure what to do if the application has been misplaced or anything.
I guess I will just wait a few more weeks.:rolleyes:

I was not expecting to get my pp today but to my surprise it came in today's mail. Interestingly, the csr had told me 3-5 days. It came with Priority mail. Strange thing is I have not yet opened it....although I can not wait to open the evenlope and get a good look at it..smell it...and take whole bunch of pictures. But, this is my wife has gone to Florida Gators game and I would like to open when she is here so that we can both share the excitement together. Wasn't that so nice of me?? Ladies gonna says..."aww...cute"...but I really wanted my wife to share my excitement. So, by this evening I will have opened pp in my hands. By the way, no passport card yet. Also...no pp for my toddler son yet. So, we are going to have 2 more reasons to go to the mail. Now, it is time to start planning a vacation overseas and put my new pp to use. atlanta2008, you will be getting yours today (did you check your mail?) if not early next week for SURE!!

Woo hoo !!!! Congrats buds. Hopefully mine will be here sometime next week. Enjoy !!!

question : does it take more time if one orders both the passport book and the card? I applied for just the book and if what the CSR told me holds good, my pp book should be here in the next 3-5 bizdays.

I got in passport book and N. certificate in 9 days and passport card today in 11 days

As I mentioned earlier....so, I opened up the envelope and there it was...my brand new US Passport. I am so happy. Good night every one!!

Natz Cert

No, I've not received the Natz certificate yet. May be tomorrow I will receive my Natz certificate as well as my PC and my son's PP. I will keep you posted. BTW - any other have similar experience? What was your timeline...between PP and PC and Natz certificate?

Way to go guys...today I have received my natz certificate, my passport card, my sons passport, and his Birth Certificate. So, we have all we need. We are all done. Next press release will be issued at 8:00 PM EST. In the mean time, have a wonderful day to you all awesome people in this board!! Adios!!!

I applied both passport book and card on 10/10/08. Received all passport book, card, and naturalization certificate back on 10/27/08. From what I've read so far, it sounded like everyone received their passport book first, then passport card and then the nat. certificate after that. Weird that I got all three on same day lol :)

I got my Natz certificate back today , but not the passport book. Weird because the pp book was sent by prioirty mail the same day as the natz cert which was sent by regular mail. I am expecting the PP book tomorrow though , let's see.

I applied for a PP regular service on 10/21. So far the application check fee was cashed on 10/27, and the processing fee was cashed 10/23 by county clerk office. I predict to receive passport by end of next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my Natz certificate back today , but not the passport book. Weird because the pp book was sent by prioirty mail the same day as the natz cert which was sent by regular mail. I am expecting the PP book tomorrow though , let's see.

haven't received the pp yet, just natz cert. Called the pp service number and got some bs to share with you all. They asked me to re-apply for the pp because it is quite possible that it was lost in the mail. i thought i was done with these suckers and they pulled me back into it again.

haven't received the pp yet, just natz cert. Called the pp service number and got some bs to share with you all. They asked me to re-apply for the pp because it is quite possible that it was lost in the mail. i thought i was done with these suckers and they pulled me back into it again.

Apply again?? Do they expect you to shell out another $100 ?

Apply again?? Do they expect you to shell out another $100 ?

haven't figured that out yet , she asked me to go to foia.state.gov and fill out the application and send to the New orleans office. I am going to wait until the end of this week and call them back if i dont receive. Hopefully i'll speak to a more sensible CSR then.

Edit: asked me to fill out a DS-86 form. On the phone she told me i need to re-apply and i was very angry but i remember the words DS-86 from her. When i checked the state.gov site , i now know that it is for reporting a pp as lost and to request a new one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update : I got my Passport in the mail today, 1 day after receiving the Natz cert.

I am finally done with the process . 3 months ago i wondered what it would be like to wrap up this process. Got my answer finally : It feels great to be a US Citizen finally and to have a US passport in hand. Most of all to be done with INS / USCIS / @#$$%@#&*

My husband got his pp Book back in 11 days and his NC the next day.
2 of our daughters got their birth certs back in 13 days, and their pc in 14 days. I got a little worried when I got their bc and not their pc, but they came in the next day.
But my oldest daughter didn't get anything at all. I was worried because it was odd my two daughters had gotten theirs and she didn't get anything. But I knew I should give it a few more days.
At the 17th day I got a call from the Passport Department, they said the post office returned my daughter's passport, saying the PO Box was closed. I told them the address was correct because I received my other two daughters pc's to the same address. So it was actually the PO's mistake.

I'm glad you guys mentioned the "Update" site, that never found my husband's or daughters application.