US passport timeline

i applied for my infant and we got it in a week..it was pretty fast..its like when they got the application they made it right there and sent it out..
thats why everyone is getting it quicker.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not in my case. Applied here in Tampa Bay area. I applied on 10/10/08 and just 2 days ago check was cashed. Tomorrow will be 2nd week. I guess I still have time to wait...and no rush...not planning on going any where some time soon. I just want my Naturalization Certificate back so that I can stare little longer.

How long does it take to get a US passport with expedited service? Thanks.

Not in my case. Applied here in Tampa Bay area. I applied on 10/10/08 and just 2 days ago check was cashed. Tomorrow will be 2nd week. I guess I still have time to wait...and no rush...not planning on going any where some time soon. I just want my Naturalization Certificate back so that I can stare little longer.

LOOOOOOOOL I know what you mean by so you can stare longer..most people only think it but you said it ;):cool:

Thanks NYC...it is like you get married today and your bride leaves tonight for Business for 15 days....and only things left are days to wait for her to come back....desperately!! Not sure if this analogy makes sense. But...hey...tomorrow will be exactly 2 weeks and trust me I will be looking out my office window for the mail lady. If not...what the heck....excitement and to look forward to something makes each day reason to live, you know. I had every day good reasons to go to mail box since I set foot in this great country. Any way....good night!!!

Well, they are as inept if not worse than the USCIS. 1 week gone since my passport was sent out and still they haven't entered it into their systems. Kinda like how USCIS status still says "Your application is still pending and being processed .. blah blah " and the guy has already been a citizen long time ago.

Wonder if they are both managed by the same moron, wouldn't be surprised if they are.

Got my passport & naturalization certificate in 9days, no need to pay for expediated service.

Well, they are as inept if not worse than the USCIS. 1 week gone since my passport was sent out and still they haven't entered it into their systems. Kinda like how USCIS status still says "Your application is still pending and being processed .. blah blah " and the guy has already been a citizen long time ago.

Wonder if they are both managed by the same moron, wouldn't be surprised if they are.

They definitely are inept. My application status didn't appear online until 9/25/08, which was the day my actual passport was SENT OUT! It still appears online as "application is being processed". Then again, my USCIS status still reads "Case received and pending". Could it be that both agencies have the same webmaster?:rolleyes:

Checked the status again...same blah blah blah.....what the heck...tomorrow is the another day! Have a great weekend every one!!!

They definitely are inept. My application status didn't appear online until 9/25/08, which was the day my actual passport was SENT OUT! It still appears online as "application is being processed". Then again, my USCIS status still reads "Case received and pending". Could it be that both agencies have the same webmaster?:rolleyes:

It's not webmaster, but rather consulting company which designed their systems and workflow processes? Umm, let me guess.... CIBER?

Status

I just called the number below and w/o any wait time, I got to speak with a wonderful lady and after veryfying my credentials (name, add, ssn, dob) she told me that my pp has been mailed today and that if I dont receive it within 3-5 business days, I should call back. I can not wait to see me in the brand new US Passport. Guys...this is awesome stuff!!!

Phone number to call in for Passport Information:

1-877-487-2778

Speak with a representative Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., EST, excluding federal holidays.

I just called the number below and w/o any wait time, I got to speak with a wonderful lady and after veryfying my credentials (name, add, ssn, dob) she told me that my pp has been mailed today and that if I dont receive it within 3-5 business days, I should call back. I can not wait to see me in the brand new US Passport. Guys...this is awesome stuff!!!

Phone number to call in for Passport Information:

1-877-487-2778

Speak with a representative Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., EST, excluding federal holidays.

Congrats! The new e-Passport is a very nice looking document, so you'll be looking at it for quite a bit. Also, it felt more validating to get the passport than it did to get the natz certificate. I finally felt like a full-fledged American once the passport was in my hands.

My wife and kid still have not recived their passports. We applied 4 weeks back (9/26). My passport came in 7 days. Not so lucky for my wife and kid.
The passport status has not appeared online as well. It says the application is not found.

We called the Passport Information center, and they told us that it is being processed.

Don't know if we should be worried, not that we need the passports urgently for travel or anything, but looking at the general timelines , we shoul dhave gotten them back by now.

ok , i too just called them to find status on my pp. I was told that my pp has been mailed out today and i should receive it in the next 3-5 business days. So good news there , i am happy that this whole ordeal will finally come to an end shortly for me.

I too called the number today , hoping to get some good news. They told me that my wife's and kids passport are still being processed and that it can take upto 8-12 weeks.:mad:

About the online status , they said that it is not guarnteed to be available, and that i can call them for the status

8-12 weeks is definitely not true. I gurantee you will receive it within 2 weeks max. These people give you the safe ETA.