US Passport Question.

sanjay73

Registered Users (C)
After how many days after you apply, can you track your application status online ? Can anyone let me know, please ?

Thanks,

After how many days after you apply, can you track your application status online ? Can anyone let me know, please ?

Thanks,

It took me4 days to be able track it online. I applied on Nov 13 (Friday), and was able to track it yesterday(Nov 17) after 9pm (Central Time) Im taliking about sending Friday to Passport Center, it was delivered Saturday and Check was electronically cashed yesterday. Application was expedited with two way overnight delivery

I have messga like this:

U.S. Passport Application Status

If you applied for both a U.S. Passport Book and a U.S. Passport Card on the same application, the newly issued documents, as well as your returned citizenship evidence, may be mailed to you in separate packages at different times. Therefore, it is possible to receive 3 separate mailings; one with your returned citizenship evidence, one with your newly issued passport book, and one with your newly issued passport card. It is currently being processed.

Your passport application locator number is XXXXXXXXX.

When you applied, you requested Expedite Service.

We are processing requests for Expedited Service, that includes overnight delivery to and from the Passport Agency, in about 2 to 3 weeks door-to-door. See our website for more information on current Processing Times.
If you are traveling within 7 days and have not received your passport and have further questions about the status of your application, you may e-mail or contact the National Passport Information Center with the above locator number. It will enable them to update you on the status of your application.

Like couple of days ago it was saying that my application cannot be found in the system!

Thanks, Uncle Joe.

I Applied expedited with Overnight delivery back. But the Post office said they send everything out via express mail.

so, i applied 17th.

today is the 18th ..19th...

so hopefully i should see some status on 20th. if not 23rd correct?

currently, it says no application ....blah blah etc

Thanks, Uncle Joe.

I Applied expedited with Overnight delivery back. But the Post office said they send everything out via express mail.

so, i applied 17th.

I think you will be able to track it tomorrow or Friday.
Cuz I sent my application on Friday. Saturday - Sunday- I think they closed. and probably drinking beer and watching Football Game, instead of working.
So technically it took 2 business(working days), I m not 100 % sure if they working on the weekend:D

Thanks, Uncle Joe.

so, i applied 17th.

And by the way after you get message that your application can't be found. scroll down and enter your e-mail address, as soon as they will put you in the system you'll get e-mail.

Thanks, Uncle Joe. I already registered my email more than once :D:D:D. Ok, I will wait and track tomorrow. Thanks again

Thanks,

Depends on how quickly and if they update their online system. There have been reports in the past of applicants receiving their passport yet online status did not reflect this (showed still processing).

My timeline for PP is exactly same as yours. When do you expect to receive yours ?

I am hoping to get it by Thanksgiving as I am travelling on 12/10 and need to get visa too.I included a copy of itenary with my application and hopefully they speed up the process

It took me4 days to be able track it online. I applied on Nov 13 (Friday), and was able to track it yesterday(Nov 17) after 9pm (Central Time) Im taliking about sending Friday to Passport Center, it was delivered Saturday and Check was electronically cashed yesterday. Application was expedited with two way overnight delivery

Mine is still showing , Application Not found in the system! :confused:

Sanjay,

I forbid you to worry or even track your passport application. I think you have been through a lot already with this immigration, as an American citizen, just relax, eat two burgers a day, extra extra large trash fries, and wash it down with a 1/2 litre bottle of Coke... :) I saw your application yesterday at the State Department, a mail truck came with loads of passport application, was there for a meeting, so I certain they received and won't update your status, by they will surely mail it to you on Monday...

Hi guys,

We have applied for the US passport books+ passports cards+expedite processing+passport books' overnight delivery earlier today at the local Post Office. The cost was $194.85 per person.

Here is a related question. The middle name on my driver's license is a shorter version of the middle name on my Naturalization Certificate. Say, Anders is the middle name on the driver's license and Anderson is the middle name on the Naturalization Certificate. The first and the last names are the same. Of course, I listed my name on the passport application exactly the same as on the Naturalization Certificate. I included the Naturalization Certificate and one copy of it with my application. However, when I submitted the passport application at the post office, I was asked to show my DL. They also made a copy of my driver's license, sent it with the application, and indicated that the identifying document was the DL.

The question is: will the descrepancy of the middle names on the NC and the DL cause any problems/delays with the passport processing? I would hate to have to update first the middle name on the DL (based on the NC) and only after that to be able to apply for passport. Thanks for the imput.

I was not planning any immediate trips so I opted to save the money and go with standard processing; i.e. no expedite or overnight fees, just the $75 + $25 = $100. I applied Nov 6 and got an email notification that today that my passport was mailed and should arrive by Nov 24. If it comes as promised total time will be 2.5 weeks so for me it was worth saving the expedite fees.

Tracking on line provides the same information. I was able to look online a few days ago but the status was pretty meaningless.

I think you will be able to track it tomorrow or Friday.
Cuz I sent my application on Friday. Saturday - Sunday- I think they closed. and probably drinking beer and watching Football Game, instead of working.
So technically it took 2 business(working days), I m not 100 % sure if they working on the weekend:D

You are right uncle Joe, I am also able to track today. I have following message:

Thank you for submitting your application for a U.S. passport book! It is currently being processed.

Your passport application locator number is xxxxxxxxx.

When you applied, you requested Expedite Service.

We are processing requests for Expedited Service, that includes overnight delivery to and from the Passport Agency, in about 2 to 3 weeks door-to-door. See our website for more information on current Processing Times.

If you are traveling within 7 days and have not received your passport and have further questions about the status of your application, you may e-mail or contact the National Passport Information Center with the above locator number. It will enable them to update you on the status of your application.