US-MS cap receipt/update thread for H1-B 2007

when did you file your H1B petition? and how long does it usually take to get the receipt after sending the application...

I am filing tomorrow, you guys think i should be ok for the MS H1B? i heard 7000 was left as of 04/09.

I am filing tomorrow, you guys think i should be ok for the MS H1B? i heard 7000 was left as of 04/09.

Better apply as soon as possible. Also, 7000 visas were available as of April 4th (i.e. after counting all the Master's applicants on 2nd and 3rd) not April 9th. Read the USCIS press release carefully (sometimes it is a little hard to understand these official press releases at first glance).

-a

Hi adi

have you applied too and recieved receipt number? please reply.

yes i've applied. but i am in the regular cap-subject count because i have a non-U.S Master's :rolleyes:

i have got my receipt though.

also read this :

(from immigration-law.com)

04/12/2007: Schedules of H-1B Cap Random Selection and Adjudication

* According to the AILA, USCIS is running random number generator today and they will start adjudication of winning cases not prior to tomorrow, 04/13/2007. Accordingly, some of the PPS approvals which some of the petitioners have received are likely invalidated unless they are selected in the today random selection. For these reasons, the USCIS is requesting these petitioners to contact the PPS unit of the Service Centers that issued approval e-mails to verify whether their cases have been selected in the random selection.

:eek:

wait and watch with bated breath

-a

Adi plz tell us geeting the receipt number means INS picked ur application via lottery or the receipt number says that it has reached on the patericular date.?
Thanks
Adi waiting for your replay

Adi plz tell us geeting the receipt number means INS picked ur application via lottery or the receipt number says that it has reached on the patericular date.?
Thanks
Adi waiting for your replay

Adi's already answered that, read again.

guys,

i know there is a lot of uncertainty and tension everywhere. if the news from immigration-law.com is accurate (which I think it is), then we should not have to wait much longer.

and to answer your question - getting a receipt does not mean that you have been "approved". for approval, you will have to be picked from the lottey that is currently underway (even as I write this post).

-a

From www.immigration-law.com

04/12/2007: Schedules of H-1B Cap Random Selection and Adjudication

* According to the AILA, USCIS is running random number generator today and they will start adjudication of winning cases not prior to tomorrow, 04/13/2007. Accordingly, some of the PPS approvals which some of the petitioners have received are likely invalidated unless they are selected in the today random selection. For these reasons, the USCIS is requesting these petitioners to contact the PPS unit of the Service Centers that issued approval e-mails to verify whether their cases have been selected in the random selection. Hmmm...........................................................................OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!