US Green Card Holder Sponsoring his Wife

analain

Hi, i am a green card holder sponsoring my wife from the Nebraska Office. Applied on April 6th 2021. Cameroonian.
My question is, can you please give me the timelines and what to expect when you had the same situation. I am told
Submit document
5 - 7 months - wait to hear back with Interviee date
2 - 4 months - interview date
2 - 4 months - Visa stamped and approved.
Anyone who wenr through this is this the process you had?
Any insight and dates into your process is much appreciated. Thank you.

Hi, i am a green card holder sponsoring my wife from the Nebraska Office. Applied on April 6th 2021. Cameroonian.
My question is, can you please give me the timelines and what to expect when you had the same situation. I am told
Submit document
5 - 7 months - wait to hear back with Interviee date
2 - 4 months - interview date
2 - 4 months - Visa stamped and approved.
Anyone who wenr through this is this the process you had?
Any insight and dates into your process is much appreciated. Thank you.
Nebraska is one of the faster servicing centers, so you are lucky - it is taking max 7 months to process i130 for F2A. https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/
note it will take a little while between approval at uscis (from above) and when NVC processes the approved petition- currently NVC is taking less than two weeks to process petitions received from uscis, and another 2 months to review document submission https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html … so say 2-3 months for NVC part of the processing
once documents are processed then the file goes into the queue for interview at the embassy …. the wait for interview depends on the backlog at the embassy your wife will be interviewing - some local forum if you can find one would give you an idea of the time between NVC DQ and interview date (could be a few weeks, could be months)
if no problem with the application visa should be issued 1-2 weeks after interview

Nebraska is one of the faster servicing centers, so you are lucky - it is taking max 7 months to process i130 for F2A. https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/
note it will take a little while between approval at uscis (from above) and when NVC processes the approved petition- currently NVC is taking less than two weeks to process petitions received from uscis, and another 2 months to review document submission https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html … so say 2-3 months for NVC part of the processing
once documents are processed then the file goes into the queue for interview at the embassy …. the wait for interview depends on the backlog at the embassy your wife will be interviewing - some local forum if you can find one would give you an idea of the time between NVC DQ and interview date (could be a few weeks, could be months)
if no problem with the application visa should be issued 1-2 weeks after interview
Thank you very much for the info Suzie. I will keep my eye out for any notifications.

Hi SussieQQQ, once again thank you for the answers last time.
Quick question, it has officially been 5 months and a few weeks since i filed my I130 for my wife. I remember you mentioned it is taking a maximum of 7 months. Is it possible to follow up with the Nebraska Office on processing times and the level of an application? i do not intend to do that now but i do wonder if it goes to 7 plus months, how can i do the check?
I immensely appreciate your responses.
- Alain

Hi SussieQQQ, once again thank you for the answers last time.
Quick question, it has officially been 5 months and a few weeks since i filed my I130 for my wife. I remember you mentioned it is taking a maximum of 7 months. Is it possible to follow up with the Nebraska Office on processing times and the level of an application? i do not intend to do that now but i do wonder if it goes to 7 plus months, how can i do the check?
I immensely appreciate your responses.
- Alain
You go to the link I gave you before, https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/
you first check what the current processing times are. For Nebraska for i130 for LPR spouse/child it is still up to 7 months. In the relevant table you’ll see the ”receipt date for a case enquiry“ (currently 17 Feb 2021]. If you have filed before the date listed and still haven’t heard anything, there is a form at the bottom of the page to fill out for a case enquiry. You won’t get anything but ”case still within normal processing time” if you enquire for a case filed after the date listed.

You go to the link I gave you before, https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/
you first check what the current processing times are. For Nebraska for i130 for LPR spouse/child it is still up to 7 months. In the relevant table you’ll see the ”receipt date for a case enquiry“ (currently 17 Feb 2021]. If you have filed before the date listed and still haven’t heard anything, there is a form at the bottom of the page to fill out for a case enquiry. You won’t get anything but ”case still within normal processing time” if you enquire for a case filed after the date listed.
Thank you SussieQQQ

By the way, did you get married before or after you got your green card? If you got married before you got your green card, and you immigrated in a category that allows derivative beneficiaries, your wife should be able to immigrate as your derivative beneficiary, without you needing to petition her.

By the way, did you get married before or after you got your green card? If you got married before you got your green card, and you immigrated in a category that allows derivative beneficiaries, your wife should be able to immigrate as your derivative beneficiary, without you needing to petition her.
No i got married after. DV lottery and moved. Now applying for her.

Hi Suzzie,
I would like to inquire. I used to live with my uncle but I have since moved. The new address is not changed on my USCIS account but is changed when I was submitting my application.
If I go ahead and update my new mailing address now on my USCIS account, does it affect the processing time it takes for my petition in any way?
When I initially applied my receipt notice was sent to my old address.
Thank you

Hi Suzzie,
I would like to inquire. I used to live with my uncle but I have since moved. The new address is not changed on my USCIS account but is changed when I was submitting my application.
If I go ahead and update my new mailing address now on my USCIS account, does it affect the processing time it takes for my petition in any way?
When I initially applied my receipt notice was sent to my old address.
Thank you
You need to submit AR11 change of address form.

There is an option to change my address on my USCIS account online. I know how to do that. I just wonder if this affects the timeliness for processing of my application or petition?
Again. You need to file form AR11, change of address, as required by USCIS, regardless what you do on your online USCIS account. In your case it should not affect processing times, but that doesn’t matter.

Hi SussieQQQ, my application initially said Nebraska Service Center and my Receipt number had an IOE meaning online processing.
According to the Nebraska SC timelines, it should take 5 to 7 months to process which should be November 7th since i applied 7 months agoo.
Question is, can you please shed more light on the Online processing timelines. Are they faster? slower? the same? are there any things i should watch out and be mindful about? when i go online now i do not even see anything about my application being at the Nebraska service center(i did read something that the Online processing is new and they are still trying to streamline it, so this may be why).
Any information will be much appreciated.
Thank you

I don’t really understand what you mean by shedding more light on processing timelines. They are what they are. If your submission date is earlier than the receipt date for a case enquiry (as discussed earlier in the thread) then you can submit an inquiry via the form on the website.

I don’t really understand what you mean by shedding more light on processing timelines. They are what they are. If your submission date is earlier than the receipt date for a case enquiry (as discussed earlier in the thread) then you can submit an inquiry via the form on the website.
Thank you for your reply.
In your experience, Do applications with receipt number starting with IOE process faster, slower or the same as any other applications?

No idea. Can’t see why it would make a difference, the service center is what makes the difference.

Could i have read my processing center all wrong?
i checked my processing center online when i filed and it said the Nebraska processing center.
Now, upon looking at the receipt notice, i see at the bottom there is a USCIS service center of 'Carlifornia Service Center'. Is this a confusion i can clear up on a website or will you suggest i contact USCIS?
Is there a way i can check the service center jurisdiction for my county or state?
Carlifornia currently has a wait time of 25 to 33 months for Green Card holders waiting for spouse. Is there a way i can realistically help myself here? Just looking for any help now if at all my Service center is Carlifornia.

Just like i feared. Application was moved from the Nebraska Service Center to the Potomac Service center. Called and confirmed with USCIS.
Is there anything i can do? Is there any way i can do to get my spouse in the country while i wait? Can i even get a Canadian visit visa for her to come visit Canada and i can go see her there?