US Citizenship & South Carolina

Same boat

Our receipt date is August 3rd 2006.We haven't gotten the interview date yet in Greer.I have contacted 1-800 number, they emailed Greer about our case, we got reply back saying that we will get the mail as soon as the officer assigned the interview date.

I had an Infopass in Greer yesterday and I was told that they (Greer) were told (by Charleston) that they are going to concentrate on GCs...The officer did not know for how long...

PD 05/04/2006
FP 06/16/2006
Background cleared 12/13/2006
Interview ?????

My husband with the same PD and FP is done. He had his oath on 01/18/2007

I am going to wait 1 more month. After that I am going to contact Senator Lindsey Graham's office and ask for help.

This is just too much...

Adina

And by the way, I asked who is making the scheduling...I was told that their supervisor in Charleston is scheduling the interviews!!! Once you are scheduled on the computer, they ask for your file from TSC and here is where TSC is sending out that letter...

Adina

The lady at the Greer office told me the same thing, the officer is going to work on GCs on thursday and friday ,not sure when she would work on the interview dates.The lady also told us,allthe checks were cleared and is in the print queue from Jan 18th.Looks like there is a lot of back log.
I have to go abroad in June,so waiting for the interview date.

I have the same January 18 as a "queue"...

The interview? I hope is Greer!!!! My husband had it in Greer. We are 30 min away from the INS office....

Where are you located?

Adina

Last edited by a moderator:
Same situation here....Waiting in the "queue"........ At least we all know that our individual cases are normal; it's just the district office.

No, the oath is not the day day...At least I have not heard anybody saying that...

In another thread, this lady and her husband (from Charlotte!) they had their interview in Charleston the same day 01/24/2007. The Oath was scheduled for 03/02/2007 for her husband and 03/15/2007 for her...

A friend of mine, who is from Upstate too, had his interview (3 years from the PD!!!!) March 2006 in CHARLESTON and his Oath 1.5 mo later in Charleston!

My husband had his interview in Greer 11/15/2006 and his oath 01/18/2007

Adina

Last edited by a moderator:
That will make my day...

I'm afraid that we will have to wait for that letter a little longer than that....

Adina

Hi friends,

I just logged in.. after a tough week (kids illness :( )
any way, I finished my oath ceremony on the 15th. and applied for the passport. the ceremony itself took 30 mins.
i one thing which struck me the most was the attitude. when we went in for the interview one lady treated my husband like a second grade citizen, and the same lady on the oath day was commenting on how cool my purse is and that she wanted to buy the same purse blah blah wanted to strangle her ;)

I hope all of you can complete the journey with USCIS SOOOOON
Tons of luck
Samyukta

preetin

as a pp said, it was my case. the my husband and I are very close to charlotte and had the interview the same day (jan 24th). my husband's oath was on the 2nd march and mine was on the 15th.

good luck

Congratulations! I've been thinking about you!

Enjoy your life now! Can you believe that you won't have to deal with the INS anymore???
Maybe one day we'll know that feeling. Maybe...eventually...hopefully...Until then, we are still those "legal immigrants" that they have nothing better to do than wait and "hang in there!"

Adina

adina and danagirl i am rooting for you gals. yeah not dealing with USCIS is such a huge relief. i have been visiting this board for over 10 years and experienced frustration all along. i hope you all can join me faaasst