US citizenship and AR-11.Please reply

Rahul _24

Hi iam a green card holder. I got my green card on April7 2004. After I got my green card I went to India for 5 months. I didnt abandon my residence there and continued paying bills. In december 2004 I moved to Little rock, Arkansas. I notified USCIS of address change then.

After that I have moved to another apartment in Little rock but failed to inform USCIS of new address change in Little rock(for almost 30 months). I lost my green card during this 30 month period and requested USCIS for a replacement green card . I got my green card delivered to the address which wasnt informed to USCIS earlier. So do u think USCIS has my new address on their record or do we still need to submit AR-11.

Please reply as iam Planning to apply for naturalization. I want to look into all the details of my case . Please suggest me how should I handle it!

Thank u:confused:

You must have specified your new address when you applied for the replacement card, and they used that address. It is possible that address is only associated with that specific application and not your main file, so you still need to file AR-11.

The easiest would be for you to call up USCIS and ask them to confirm the address they have on file for you.

It looks like USCIS may keep two seperate addesss and can confuse them.

One address is to keep track where aliens are and that is AR-11 for.

The other address is service address which you put down in I-90 form
and or any other forms (I-485,N-400) related to a service.

Th ebest way is to make sure to update both addressses

I have never heard of AR-11 becoming an issue during naturalization. Some lawyers think that sending an application to USCIS like the Green Card replacement you send also qualifies as notification of change of address. For your peace of mind fill an online AR-11 but I wouldn't lose sleep over this.

I have never heard of AR-11 becoming an issue during naturalization. Some lawyers think that sending an application to USCIS like the Green Card replacement you send also qualifies as notification of change of address. For your peace of mind fill an online AR-11 but I wouldn't lose sleep over this.

Just so you don't get pestered over some "gotcha" technicality, it is best to send in the AR-11 with your latest and current address. I had moved last in 2002 but I didn't send in the AR-11 at that time. I finally sent it a few months ago, just before my N400 ID came up. I don't think it should matter a lot. They seemed to have my latest address on file anyway.

But it is good to keep everything in the clear and send the AR-11 (send it by certified mail and keep the green receipt of delivery). You can send the AR-11 anytime.

AP

The AR 11 is available as an online form. When you are finished, wait for about a week and call to confirm that they recieved it. There is some law that says you have to send it in within ten days, but I have never heard of anyone having a problem because they sent it late. Most people do not even know that the AR 11 exist until their case is delayed for some other reason and they recieve a letter from USCIS. At the bottom on most of those letters, they include the statement on AR 11. So relax. JUst fill it out and submit it.

Now I have a question, if you have moved multiple times and never filed the AR 11. Which address should you include as your last address. The one the USCIS has on file (generally the one with your green card) or the actual last address?

I have the same issue as rahul_24. I failed to inform USCIS of my address change unintentionally. But later some one told me that i had to file AR-11. So i went to uscis.gov and submitted current address as present address and the last address with the one they have on file. i didnt submit AR-11 for the addresses i stayed in between.

Is it enough if we submit the AR-11 Online only and keep a copy of online confirmation number ? or else do we need to print and send it it USCIS address in kentucky. Please let me know

I know for sure you do not have to mail in anything if you do it online

I have the same issue as rahul_24. I failed to inform USCIS of my address change unintentionally. But later some one told me that i had to file AR-11. So i went to uscis.gov and submitted current address as present address and the last address with the one they have on file. i didnt submit AR-11 for the addresses i stayed in between.

Is it enough if we submit the AR-11 Online only and keep a copy of online confirmation number ? or else do we need to print and send it it USCIS address in kentucky. Please let me know

Ar11

Well I've lived here for over 25 years at several address' and never filed an AR11 .. only heard about its existence reading on here .. as well as the Selective Service thing. Was too old for that ... just.

Seems a bit silly in this day and age! Tax forms, customs forms coming in several times a year. Even a credit report would find anyone.

Scheduled for N400 interview and I kindof doubt it's an issue.