US Citizen sponsoring for parents vistor Visa

praram123

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My parents visitor visa was rejected twice once in 2005 June and other Mar 2006 reason was that both the sons were in USA. Now that I am going to become a US citizen in couple of days if I sponsor for vistor visa will it improve their chances of getting a visitor visa? I know that I can sponsor for permanent residence but I don't think my parents want to stay here permanenly as they would like to visit us whenever they feel like. Someone with this experience please advice.

Thanks,
Praram

Actually it makes their case even harder to approve, because if they are allowed in, you could file for them to Adjust Status and become permanent residents.

That means, that they will have an even harder time to prove that they have non immigrant intent.

Praram,
I personally believe it is best for the applicant's chances if they qualify solely on their own ability, including financial criteria.

Actually it makes their case even harder to approve, because if they are allowed in, you could file for them to Adjust Status and become permanent residents.

That means, that they will have an even harder time to prove that they have non immigrant intent.

Is this because getting a green card for parents can take upto 1 year, and on Visitor visa, they can stay legally at a stretch of 6 months ?

I was expecting a US citizen should be able to get visitors visa for his parents easily.

- LS

The reason it gets tougher for parents of US citizens to qualify for a visit visa is because they become eligible for green cards as immediate relatives.