US citizen parents sponsoring over 21 son..

Approved I130 get transferred to NVC by default

Anyhow, the conclusion is I don't need a case number or dealing with NVC altogether. Does this sound like strange to anybody? I am kind of relieved though.

Hello everyone,
going back to the issue of I130 after approval. I spoke to an immigration lawyer and went for an Infopass appointment to ask about this. And both sources confirmed that after approval by USCIS I130 is then transferred to the National Visa Center. That is the standard procedure. Maybe some cases are processed differently but I am not sure what the criteria for this special processing are.

Hello everyone,
going back to the issue of I130 after approval. I spoke to an immigration lawyer and went for an Infopass appointment to ask about this. And both sources confirmed that after approval by USCIS I130 is then transferred to the National Visa Center. That is the standard procedure. Maybe some cases are processed differently but I am not sure what the criteria for this special processing are.

You are right. Aproved I-130's are sent automatically to NVC if you opted for counsal process, this is the standard proceedure.
I heard that NVC starts preparing cases 9 months ahead of PD becoming current. My PD is 27th Nov 2002 and I haven't heard any thing from NVC yet, it means that there is no way my priority date can become current in 9 months.

MY file was transferred to CA a few months ago. My I130 was approved from there.

ULTRON

ULTRON, Abba114 and others with priority dates approaching are your files/approved I130 at the NVC (national visa center) or was it ever transferred there? Please share...

I've been in the country since May 1998.

I am really glad to see you guys share such a similar experience as I am, all the sudden I feel like there are people out there understands my situation. Mermaid, my PD is just one month behind you! let's pray this PD things moves faster from now on. From abba's timeline it feels like it will normally take another 6-7 month after filing I485 from getting the GC, but compared to all the years we have waited I guess it is worth it.

Bad news everyone. The PDs only moved 1 week this time! I wonder what happenned....:confused:

Yes its disappointing, but not as when PD's were cloged on 22 April 2001 for almost two years. Imagine when you wait for visa bulletin every month and it doesn't move even by one day for years. Oh my God I wish I had migrated to some other country or have done some thing better in life.
I was just thinking for philipino and maxican first preference's whose PD's are around 1992. How is it possible for some one to remain unmarried for amost 16 years when he is already above 21 just to remain in first preference, its a joke. For ppl of our age who want to come to US it would be wise to marry a US citizen rather than wasting time, I wish I had realized it earlier. Even if you get green card you will have to marry some one alreay in US otherwise wait for 6 more years to bring her to US.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, most Philipinos and Mexicans, and in fact, many immigrants get married to US citizens. It's the best way to get a GC.

ULTRO

Yes its disappointing, but not as when PD's were cloged on 22 April 2001 for almost two years. Imagine when you wait for visa bulletin every month and it doesn't move even by one day for years. Oh my God I wish I had migrated to some other country or have done some thing better in life.
I was just thinking for philipino and maxican first preference's whose PD's are around 1992. How is it possible for some one to remain unmarried for amost 16 years when he is already above 21 just to remain in first preference, its a joke. For ppl of our age who want to come to US it would be wise to marry a US citizen rather than wasting time, I wish I had realized it earlier. Even if you get green card you will have to marry some one alreay in US otherwise wait for 6 more years to bring her to US.

After thinking about it for a while, I figured it out. The dates moved a week because of the Christmas and New Year's break. I think they'll be back to the normal pace next month.

ULTRON

If there is any movement in cutoff date its is going to be small as NVC had already predicted at the start of this fiscal year that cutoff dates would keep on moving in the first quarter of fiscal year and might slow down or even stop after first qurter.

cutoff dates for FB1

Any predictions for March visa bulletin? Every one here says that visa bulletin cann't be predicted, but my conclusion is that NVC knows how the PD's would move in coming months, although they don't know the dates sharply, but they do know it in a range of 2-3 months and may be that's the reason they start process 9 months before PD and I have seen that mostly PD would become current in 7-12 months once NVC information packet received. My prediction is that FB1 would move up to May 2002 in coming 3-4 months and then might stop untill new visa numbers become available in OCt because persons with PD's in April/May of 2002 received their NVC letters in May 2007.

If any one whose PD is beyond April/May gets NVC information packet then plz let us know.

Amen to that, brother. My PD is April 2002, and I really need my EAD ASAP!

ULTRON

Any predictions for March visa bulletin? Every one here says that visa bulletin cann't be predicted, but my conclusion is that NVC knows how the PD's would move in coming months, although they don't know the dates sharply, but they do know it in a range of 2-3 months and may be that's the reason they start process 9 months before PD and I have seen that mostly PD would become current in 7-12 months once NVC information packet received. My prediction is that FB1 would move up to May 2002 in coming 3-4 months and then might stop untill new visa numbers become available in OCt because persons with PD's in April/May of 2002 received their NVC letters in May 2007.

If any one whose PD is beyond April/May gets NVC information packet then plz let us know.

My I130 is approved, but it has nothing to do with NVC. It was never trnsferred here and I've neither heard of this entity nor have they anything to do with my case.

ULTRON

ULTRON, Abba114 and others with priority dates approaching are your files/approved I130 at the NVC (national visa center) or was it ever transferred there? Please share...

My I130 is approved, but it has nothing to do with NVC. It was never trnsferred here and I've neither heard of this entity nor have they anything to do with my case.

ULTRON

NVC entertains only those cases that are supposed to be sent to counslar offices abroad. Since you are doing admustment of status, you will no be dealing with NVC. You need to keep track of PD on your own and when it becomes current you can file 485.

true, NVC only deals with people oversea that needs to go to consular. Ultron, xerostomic, have you guys done your F2b to F1 upgrades yet? Or are you planning doing the upgrade the same time as I485? I called USICS and was told they can be done at the same time, but I submitted my upgrade petition late december anyway, I haven't heard anything from them back. If you guys have done the upgrade, how long did it take for it to come through?

true, NVC only deals with people oversea that needs to go to consular. Ultron, xerostomic, have you guys done your F2b to F1 upgrades yet? Or are you planning doing the upgrade the same time as I485? I called USICS and was told they can be done at the same time, but I submitted my upgrade petition late december anyway, I haven't heard anything from them back. If you guys have done the upgrade, how long did it take for it to come through?

I sent my request for upgrade to NVC and they confirmed the upgrade via postal mail. I will be doing Counsal processing if my B1/B2 visa is not converted to F1 student

Yes, csiq, I upgraded my status from F2B to F1 as soon as my mom got her US citizenship. Yes, you can upgrade it when you apply for I485...but why wait? Trust me, US has a very unstable immigration law. If you can do it now, do not wait! The upgrade process is very quick...a couple of weeks I would say.

ULTRON

Last edited by a moderator:
Beneficiaries with Priority dates in June/July

Is there some one in family based first preference whose priority date is in June or July and has opted for counsel processing

The NVC has no standard at times, I know of a FB1 case sent from NVC to Consulate from 2005 with a August 2002 PD. So I dont know where you get your info from. Rightly you cannot predict the visa bulletin.