US citizen brought parents to the US, now my younger brother may age out?

Balkan

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,
Hope somebody can help me with this.
I am a US citizen. Two years ago I filled a petition to bring my parents to the US. Early last year, their petition was approved and now they now have Green Cards. Immediately after they came to the US, my father filled a petition to bring my younger brother (20 at the time). His application was processed really fast and he conducted his interview late last year ( November) before he turned 21. There was a little issue with the Affidavit of support, so he had to schedule another appointment for January. When he went there in January, they asked him for additional documents regarding affidavit of support, but due to the visa retrogression in January they told him there is no visa for him anyway ( his priority date is March 2010).

Question is this: will my brother age out as he now is over 21 years old? I don't understand how the Child Status Protection Ace affects him? He is a direct beneficiary (F2A), not a derivative beneficiary. Also, he was listed as a child of my parents when I originally filled their petition. Is there any implication here? Will he now be switched to F2B, or will he remain in the F2A category?

Any suggestion guys?