US born to L1

kamsin

Hello,
I am on L1B and my wife onL2, when she got pregnant;during her prenatal visits to one of county hospital we understood the insurance she carries do not covers maternity. County hospital suggested me to apply for Free insurance sponsored by county, and fortunately it was approved and all her expenses were taken care by her insurance.
Please suggest me on following:
1) Will it affect in any way for my baby to apply passport, PIO or other legal matters.
2) Being on L1B (As per petition filed, all my expenses were supposed to be taken care by my employer) will that affect (In anyway) if I want to change my status, extend L1 or during my re-entry to US.

Please advise me.

Regards.

Hello,
I am on L1B and my wife onL2, when she got pregnant;during her prenatal visits to one of county hospital we understood the insurance she carries do not covers maternity. County hospital suggested me to apply for Free insurance sponsored by county, and fortunately it was approved and all her expenses were taken care by her insurance.
Please suggest me on following:
1) Will it affect in any way for my baby to apply passport, PIO or other legal matters.
No.
2) Being on L1B (As per petition filed, all my expenses were supposed to be taken care by my employer) will that affect (In anyway) if I want to change my status, extend L1 or during my re-entry to US.

Please advise me.

Regards.
IMO, no.

On a side note, does she carry her own insurance (the one that didn't cover maternity)? Don't you have a group insurance from your employer?

IMO, no.

On a side note, does she carry her own insurance (the one that didn't cover maternity)? Don't you have a group insurance from your employer?

Thanks Eric for your reply.
She had Insurance (That did not cover maternity), but it was not renewed later, once she had the Free Health insurance from county (Temporary, till delivery).
I am not on US payroll, so we have travelers insurance.
Am I still Ok with that?

Thanks Eric for your reply.
She had Insurance (That did not cover maternity), but it was not renewed later, once she had the Free Health insurance from county (Temporary, till delivery).
I am not on US payroll, so we have travelers insurance.
Am I still Ok with that?

Yes, you are still OK.
IMO, you should be on US Payroll, and should be given the same benifits as other US employees who are permanently here, like Citizens, Green Card holders, H1B etc. Anyway, that is between you and your company. The fact that you took free insurance, should not have any bearing on your or your family's legal immigration status. But I think you are otherwise violating the terms of your L1, be aware of that and do not stay long like this.

Last edited by a moderator: