US born baby

sh19

hi everybody,
i am new to the forum, first of all let say thankyou or maintaining such an informative forum.
i am having a doubt,

i have a child born in USA, me and my husband are indian citizens with US visas. we live and work in a carribean island. as there was a hurricane comming up during the 9th month of my pregnancy we thought it would be safer to be with our near and dear in USA. our child was born in USA and got a US passport. we returned back to the carribean. we never knew anything about the rules as such we just thought o.k he has a US passport ...citizenship instead of an indian.
recently we heard that the USA immigration officials will take away my child and put him in foster care and put him up for adoption in the US if i do not take him to US atleast once every year and stay there for atleast 6 weeks.
is this true?
now am really worried and scared. please help me does any one know anything about this.
thanks in advance
sh19

I don't think that is correct. Others amy correct me if I'm wrong but I do have friends who are not US citizens but whose children are due to the fact they were born in the USA. I've never heard of immigration taking their kids away from them.

hi everybody,
i am new to the forum, first of all let say thankyou or maintaining such an informative forum.
i am having a doubt,

i have a child born in USA, me and my husband are indian citizens with US visas. we live and work in a carribean island. as there was a hurricane comming up during the 9th month of my pregnancy we thought it would be safer to be with our near and dear in USA. our child was born in USA and got a US passport. we returned back to the carribean. we never knew anything about the rules as such we just thought o.k he has a US passport ...citizenship instead of an indian.

recently we heard that the USA immigration officials will take away my child and put him in foster care and put him up for adoption in the US if i do not take him to US atleast once every year and stay there for atleast 6 weeks.
is this true?
--------------------not true
now am really worried and scared. please help me does any one know anything about this.
thanks in advance
sh19
-------------

hi everybody,
i am having a doubt,

is this true?
thanks in advance
sh19

Don't believe this nonsense. Unlike green card holders US citizens can stay out as long as they want. They can even live in other countries. Please do not lose any sleep and continue to go about your life.