Urgent!!!!!!

Positive4GC

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
Could you guys help me here - My inlaws have an appointment in 3 days.

All documents are mailed to them 2 wks ago and still they did not receive them. Can I send them copies of all relevant documentation in an email.

Should they attend the visa interview using these copies. I believe they cannot postpone the appointment. Is there a way to postpone without losing the money or do they have to get a new appointment and start all over again. Please reply asap.

Email or fax the documents to them and have them explain what happened to the VO, did you send the documents without any tracking number?

Email or fax the documents to them and have them explain what happened to the VO, did you send the documents without any tracking number?

Yes,I emailed all the documents today and asked them to take the copies to the interview.Is it a risk to attend with just the copies?

They live in a small village and the mail guys said I had to send it using regular priority mail that has no tracking number. any suggestions????

Hi,
Could you guys help me here - My inlaws have an appointment in 3 days.

All documents are mailed to them 2 wks ago and still they did not receive them. Can I send them copies of all relevant documentation in an email.

Should they attend the visa interview using these copies. I believe they cannot postpone the appointment. Is there a way to postpone without losing the money or do they have to get a new appointment and start all over again. Please reply asap.

It is possible to postpone the appointment. I have myself done it for my in-laws. You can use the same receipt number for postponing. However, you cannot postpone more than twice. Of course, the availability of visa interview appointment dates will determine when your in-laws will get the appointment.

It is possible to postpone the appointment. I have myself done it for my in-laws. You can use the same receipt number for postponing. However, you cannot postpone more than twice. Of course, the availability of visa interview appointment dates will determine when your in-laws will get the appointment.

how can I postpone the appointment. Is it through the website or call them? should I pay additional fees as if this is a new receipt or use the same HDFC receipt numbers. Please let me know. They have the appointment on friday.

thank you

Positive4GC,
Emails/copies should be fine. Having spoken to a few US consuls in person, I know for a fact that in 95% of B-1/2 cases, a decision has been made before the applicant is even interviewed. In my opinion, documents really do not carry that much weight. What matters is the ability of the applicant to overcome 214(b).