Urgent : Traveling on B1 while H1B is in processing

sameer_niceguy

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have a valid B1 Visa. My employer has filed for fresh H1B for FY 2009.

Now my Employer wants me to travel to US on B1 for 3 months.

Will this create a problem for H1B ?
Do I need to inform USCIS once I enter US on B1 ?

Pls advise .

Thanks a lot.
P.S. Travel co-ordinator from my company says I can travel once documents have been filed on 1st April 2008 . Says I can travel after 15th April 2008.

I will be having meetings with the various stakeholders to understand the existing applications. Create the knowledge Repository to transition these applications back to offshore (India).

I did the same activity for same client in Oct2007 (1 month)
, Dec 2007 (1 month).

Thanks
Sameer

I know someone who was turned away when attempting to enter the US on B-2 with a pending H-1B. The officer told that applicant to return when the H-1B visa is acquired.

You will not have issues while a H1b is pending to visit on a visitor/business visa.

I know someone who was turned away when attempting to enter the US on B-2 with a pending H-1B. The officer told that applicant to return when the H-1B visa is acquired.

That could be true if the person has an intent to stay here and file a COS to H1b. In normal circumstances when a person does have valid reason for a business visit, it is not a big deal if the right paperwork can be produced with return tickets, business itinerary.

There is less chance (in my opinion, no chance) to deny entry as the application for H1b is pending as it may or may not go through in the first place.

If that was the intention, a B1/B2 and H1b visa can exist on a passport at the same time and it is allowed. That would not have been possible. Again, I am a lay person and not a lawyer.