Urgent Question About N-400 Process

EricIntheBox

Registered Users (C)
First of all, I have to say this is a great forum that has given me a lot of help when I first DIY my application. I am coming back here again for some urgent questions.

I sent my application with the check on Feb 8th and received the confirmation letter back on Feb 20th. Couple days later, I received another letter for the finger print appointment on March 8th.

I went and had my finger print taken, they put a stamp on my notification letter with signature.

Ever after that day's finger print, I have not received any further notice at all.

Today I checked on www.USCIS.gov where you can check the application status by entering the application number, but all I got was that "On February 12, 2007, we received this N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. "

This status check never shows whether my finger print was taken or not nor any other information.

Since I will go oversea for a business trip from Sept 19th to Oct 25th. During this time I will not be able to check my mails at all.

I was a little bit worried about this, is there something wrong? Anyone knows about this, please kindly inform me, thanks a million.

Also for example if I receive the notice for interview, how many days will the INS give me ahead before? thanks again.............

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually, you get the IL one month before the interview date.

You might want your friend/cousin/family member/co worker to check your mails and let you know while you are away...

good luck

Usually, you get the IL one month before the interview date.

You might want your friend/cousin/family member/co worker to check your mails and let you know while you are away...

good luck

So is it normal that even after I have had the finger print taken but the online and phone status only mentioned that "the application is processed since February 12, 2007" but my finger print was taken on March 8th?

Is that possible, they forgot to put my Finger print into my file....

Last edited by a moderator:
I filed my N-400 application in March, got fingerprinted, received the Interview Letter in July. My status still reads "Pending". Pretty much standard. There are postings about online status disappearing but it seems to be in a smaller / minimal percentage of applications.
----------------------
Detroit DO - NSC
03/16/07 N-400 sent to NSC
03/20/07 Priority Date
03/23/07 Notice of Action letter received
03/23/07 FP letter received
04/12/07 FP done
09/19/07 Interview Appointment :) (Notice date July 13)

thanks a lot. Now I am much relieved for this biz trip.

And about the waiting time, I had FP in March, but now it is already Sept, but still no Interivew letter, is that normal??

Is that normal??
The Service Center regularly notifies the District Offices that they have x cases ready for interview. It is up to the District Offices to:
- request the corresponding A-Files
- schedule interviews
- send Interview letters

Experience shows that District Offices send letters once or twice a month. Also, keep in mind that the ability of District Offices to schedule interviews depends on a number of factors including available manpower (vacation and leave of absence for Officers would limit the number of intervews they can conduct) and space (if a District Office does not have many rooms for interviews), it may take longer to get an interview, even of the applcation's processing by the Service Center is complete.

thanks a lot for your explanation.

Is there any way I can call the USCIS to find out when approx my interview will be?

You can look at my timeline and my status never showed my Fingerprinting either. It only shows the date of October 24th I think.
Even now that I have recieved my IL it still shows the same !

Look up the tracker (and enter your information as well) to get a good idea of the processing time.

http://www.immihelp.com/tracker/citizenship-tracker.do

Do an info pass at your local service center to find out if your name check is clear. If not you could be waiting a while. Don't call USCIS, the outsource activity is a waste of time, because those phone operators are not privy to much of the information. What you see on your log in screen is all they see. The phone line is good to request a status check when one is more than a month beyond publishing processing dates. They are also good in that they have ability to connect you to the IO if the case is very much delayed.

thanks a lot for your explanation.

Is there any way I can call the USCIS to find out when approx my interview will be?

Hey, Brb2, how to do an info pass at the local service center?

can you please give me some more detail on this issue? thanks a bunch!!

Hey, Brb2, how to do an info pass at the local service center?

can you please give me some more detail on this issue? thanks a bunch!!

Question about my N-400 Process (urgent)

It has been more than 9 months, and I am starting to run out of patient.
:mad:

I sent my application with the money order on Feb 8th and received the confirmation letter back on Feb 20th. Couple days later, I received another letter for the finger print appointment on March 8th.

I went and had my finger print taken, they put a stamp on my notification letter with signature.

Ever after that day's finger print, I have not received any further notice at all.

Is there anyway that I can speed up the process, either hiring a lawyer or some other ways.

Btw, My district office is Los Angeles.

I sent my application with the money order on Feb 8th and received the confirmation letter back on Feb 20th. Couple days later, I received another letter for the finger print appointment on March 8th.

Is there anyway that I can speed up the process, either hiring a lawyer or some other ways.

Have you called customer service yet and asked to speak with an immigration officer regarding an update on your case?

Sounds like you've joined the "namecheck club". Unfortunately you have no legal recourse until 120 days after the interview. Since you haven't yet been called for that, there isn't much you can do except wait. These days the backlogs have got so long, even regular cases are being projected to take 18+ months

Sounds like you've joined the "namecheck club". Unfortunately you have no legal recourse until 120 days after the interview. Since you haven't yet been called for that, there isn't much you can do except wait. These days the backlogs have got so long, even regular cases are being projected to take 18+ months

There's always legal option to file WOM for namecheck delays before the interview.