Urgent port of entry question.!!!

Johnkent

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My mom just arrived the US today on a 6 months visa and she intended to stay 3 months but at the point of entry , she was given a month.
She is actually here for my graduation and my graduation is not until Dec 14.
How can i go about getting an extention?. I need to figure this out by the end of next wk so that i know if i need to change her ticket so that she can leave before her stay expires. Any opinion will be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I am in this situation, can you please provide the link to your response. In the above posting you have mentioned that "I replied to your duplicate post.", can we please know the id for duplicate post or link to it.

Thanks

Applying for my mom's extension was a big hassle. Anyways, mailed the package to USCIS like 10 days before her status expires but for some reason, USPS did not deliver the package and it was sent back to me because they said i had a tracking number on the package and it was mailed with a regular stamp instead of express. Anyways, the guy at the post office put the wrong stamp or watever on it. Anyways, i didnt know this until a day after her status expired ( i had been calling USPS trying to figure out if the package was delivered or not) so i immediately went online and e-filed it. In my supporting documents, i explained how the USPS guy put in the wrong stamp on the parcel and how i made several enquirers trying to track the package and i didnt want to file another form so as not to have 2 forms with USCIS.
Anyways, i got the approval letter today. My mom actually left 3 wks before the date she had asked for. am excited cus hopefully she wont have a hard time getting another visa at the embassy.