Urgent... Please Help

VIKNJ

Registered Users (C)
I have an EAD and my RD is Oct 01. I have been without a project for last 8 months. Now I am getting an offer and the new company wants to legally inform INS that they are taking care of my GC process. They have asked me for the labor certification and 485 copies. Since I don't have those I asked my GC sponsoring compnay to provide me. They are refusing to do that. What should I do ?? Also if one joins on EAD are you supposed to show these copies to the new company ?

Please Help.

This new company is not required to do anything for you except that they hire you based on the EAD you have. Are they trying to mess up your GC process? They have no right to request your LC or 485 copies! Your EAD is all they should ask for to hire you, period!

Start working with this new company based on your EAD. Your GC may go thru w/o any problem. Only act if a RFE is generated (which may require a Emp Letter). A lot of cases go thru w/o RFEs.

My suggestion is that (to not jeopardize this new offer), kindly tell the new company not to worry about your GC process, that you have it under control and accept you as their employee based on your EAD. If a RFE is generated, then approach them then.

Good Luck!

Thanks for your reply. The new company basically wants to inform the INS that they are going to take care of my 485 process. I don't understand why the want to do this ? Do other companies also ask for the copies when one is changing jobs on EAD.

VIKNJ,

First, I can understand your furstration. Make sure that he really helpful. There are bunch of wacos out there. They are very sweet and helpful until you join them. They show their "BUSNINESSMAN" once you join them and you are hooked.

Not trying to scare you, but this is the fact.

Wish you all the best.

U original Employer..

Also..
Pls dont do anything to leave UR original employer with a bad taste...

U were with them for 8 months on bench...Remember that...

Hi VIK,
Try to be polite with your existing employer and have a good rapport with them. Join the new company with EAD, no need to inform INS, because in another 2 weeks you may get approved.
So, try to convince your new employer

Good luck

But they haven't paid me except for one month. I don't want to leave but I have no way out since I have to support me and my family.

It is obvious they wont pay in this economy, if you are out of project..So do u have atleast a copy of your filed LC?

Definitely try to take up employment as soon as possible. If you cannot produce paystubs in case an RFE for employment is generated, it will be messy.

Suggestion : How about talking to ur future employer's lawyer who in turn can explain the details to your future employer. That way ur employer can be convinced that he does not need ur 485 paperwork.

Calgal.

good one..

Calgal is right...

U need to convince the employer that they dont need to do anything..except use your EAd as a proof for employing U..

Our company lawyer doesn't give any paper work to us. I infact applied EAD also on my own. I am trying to maintain good relations with my current company but if they try to act like that then it can trun the relationship sour.