Urgent Please advice........what it means about my H1B visa status?

surajsuraj

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My H1B visa is under administartive processing 221(g) from past 4 months. Yesterday i called DOS. They said that my case is still under processing
221(g) and my file is with chennai consulate and asked me to contact chennai consulate if more details are required.
so what it means? i sent a mail to consulate but no reply from them.

Now my present company is filled B1 visa and i have to attend interview next week. so D156/157, is it require to mention about H1B visa and to the visa officer regarding my previous visa status?

Regards,
Suraj

221(g) won't give you specific reason why it is delayed. It just means they are still checking your eligibility.

As for DS-156, read the instruction carefully. It asks if any visa was ISSUED. You are still waiting for your H1 now.

Suraj, It's really frustrating .... Even i'm also eagerly waiting for my passport which was held in Kolkata consulate almost 4 months now. In fact i did contacted DOS the VO said my case was not in USA and advised me to contact the consulate in India for more info. I too sent couple of emails and even faxed the letter but no respose. What to do? I'm afraid this delay would really impact my career prospects.

Anyway, let's hope for postive result and Good luck for you too.

Thanks

surajsuraj said:
Hi,

My H1B visa is under administartive processing 221(g) from past 4 months. Yesterday i called DOS. They said that my case is still under processing
221(g) and my file is with chennai consulate and asked me to contact chennai consulate if more details are required.
so what it means? i sent a mail to consulate but no reply from them.

Now my present company is filled B1 visa and i have to attend interview next week. so D156/157, is it require to mention about H1B visa and to the visa officer regarding my previous visa status?

Regards,
Suraj

Suraj,

Can you apply for a B1 visa while you H-1B is pending clearance?

Thanks,

surajsuraj said:
Thanks to everone for providing valuable information

Regards,
Suraj

Hi,

Issue with H1B visa is from petioner project. B1 is from my current company. I don't think so there will be any issues for B1 when H1B is under processing

Regards,
Suraj

Did they give you any reason why its on administrative processing? Name check or fingerprints? Employer verification. Based on these the duration of administrative processing varies.

You might run into issues when you go for B1 as they are already doing administrative processing.

surajsuraj said:
Hi,

Issue with H1B visa is from petioner project. B1 is from my current company. I don't think so there will be any issues for B1 when H1B is under processing

Regards,
Suraj

Hi,

They mentioned that they need verification from client project who sponsored from USA as well as petioner. Visa officer told me that everything is fine from myside.
So with this hope planning to attend B1 interview

Regards,
Sudheer

Hopefully you should get your B1visa. Good luck and keep us posted.

surajsuraj said:
Hi,

They mentioned that they need verification from client project who sponsored from USA as well as petioner. Visa officer told me that everything is fine from myside.
So with this hope planning to attend B1 interview

Regards,
Sudheer

I got my B1 visa for 10 years without having any issues during interview with consulate

thanks to everyone for providing suggestions

Regards,
Suraj

Suraj, Please share your B1 experience with me

Hi Suraj,

I am also facing same problem.

I have attended for H1 on 31-Oct-2006 from a consultancy, Visa Officer issued 221(g) asking me to drop some documents in Drop box.

Now my current employer asking me to go for B1 in november only from BEP. I have not submitted my documents in drop box yet.

So can i go for B1 within a month. Then what questions i have to face. Please share your B1 experience with me, It would be a great help to me.

Thanks & regards,
Ram

Hi Ram,

i am sorry for late reply. They will ask you only current company related questions for B1 visa and same was happened to me.

Be prepare about your company in and out and don't try to drag yourself into past issue

all the best

Regards,
suraj