Urgent Passport Stamp Question?

coco199832

Registered Users (C)
I got I-485 approval by mail and need to go to NYC to do passport stamping. But what documents are needed? I am an employment -based primary applicant.

On approval notice, it only says: 2 photos, EAD, Notice, etc. But my attorney's assistant keep telling me that I have to bring:
(3) years tax filing copy; emplyment letter. But I haven't file for tax return on year 2002 yet, I can't get this done really quick. She even suggest me to walk into the local IRS office to get the tax done asap. Is this really needed document for stamping? I know it is a must-have for an interview. I don't see why I have to have the tax done in Feb. just for the PP?

What's your experience?

Rapid reply is much appreciated.

I don't think your attorney's assistant is giving you right advice.

Take whatever is mentioned on the approval letter , plus:
- EAD cards (if you have any)
- AP documents (if you have any)

And carry some identification docs (like Drivers ID etc) just in case.

From previous postings in this forum, I never saw anyone bringing tax returns for passport stamping. I do not think it's necessary. Try to consult another lawyer if possible.

I'd like to know who this lawyer is!! :confused: There are plenty out there who give unnecessary advice.

Just take what the Approval Letter states. Thats it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Why widen a hole for no reason and then, fall into it? ;)

I recently went to the Philadelpia for the interview (2/19/2003). The officer particulary asked our family for employment letter, I-140 approval notice, I-94, previous EAD card, AP.

Just in case, I brought the tax return, pay stubs, copies of previous INS letter. If you don't have tax return in 2002, you can bring the W-2 form that I believed you received. I hope this will be helpful for you.

sylee