Urgent - Passport Sent with Query to Chennai Consulate

Reddy_cf

Registered Users (C)
We have couriered our passports to the Chennai Consulate along with the answers to the query.

Can anyone let me know how long it takes to get our passports back?

couriered the PP to consulate in India for what??
Can you please explain your situation!!
Thanks

Passport sent to Answer to Query - Chennai

Hello Mona,

The questions my wife was asked

a) Why I had quit my earlier Job
b) Under what circumstances did I enter US.

I had tranfered my H1 from Company "A" to company "B" and have gone to India to work for company "B". I have quit company "B" while in India and entered US on Company "A" Visa.

I guess the consulate wanted to check if I had come back to US on Company "B" H1. I was asked to send an explanation and this situation.

Has anyone been in this situation? Sent passport and waiting for Visa to be stamped? Its been almost 3 weeks!!

I hope you are in India.

There is a warning written on the last page of your passport:

"Passport should not be sent out of any country by post."

Reddy_cf said:
We have couriered our passports to the Chennai Consulate along with the answers to the query.

That is why I was thinking how can "consulate" ask you to courier your PP.
I hope you get your PP soon.
Keep us posted on what happened!
All the BEST

Passport sent to Chennai Consulate

I am sorry, I should have given more details.

I am right now in US and my wife and kid are in India. They are trying for H4 and they have sent the answer to the query along with Passport via TTS.

Its been more than 3 weeks, but they have not received their passport.

Reddy_cf said:
I am sorry, I should have given more details.

I am right now in US and my wife and kid are in India. They are trying for H4 and they have sent the answer to the query along with Passport via TTS.

Its been more than 3 weeks, but they have not received their passport.
----- why cant you be more clear and say" I am in US and I have NOT sent my passport to India by post,my spouse and kid who are in India wated to get H4 stamping based on my H1 and they had query and I replied to that query and my spouse and kid who are in India have sent the passports(kid passport and spouse passport) to Consulate from India and I was asking when they will get their passports back from Consulate in India. I have my passport with me in US.

ginnu said:
----- why cant you be more clear and say" I am in US and I have NOT sent my passport to India by post,my spouse and kid who are in India wated to get H4 stamping based on my H1 and they had query and I replied to that query and my spouse and kid who are in India have sent the passports(kid passport and spouse passport) to Consulate from India and I was asking when they will get their passports back from Consulate in India. I have my passport with me in US.

Ginnu,

Do you know the answer to my question? or all you do is correct other's postings?

Reddy_cf said:

--- only consulate officer can reply to your question or the person who was in similar position and applied with Chennai, wait for others answers