Urgent: Out of US Lost AP ***

manmit

Registered Users (C)
Hi Friends,

Today, in China, somebody stole my bag. Bag contained passport, advance parole and all critical documents.

Background: I am nearing my six years of H1. My I 485 was filed in April, 03. I have received EAD (not used) and Advance Parole. I went to China in October ¡¯03 and returned to US on AP without any problem. I am revisiting China currently (November ¡¯03) and schedule to return to US around January 15th after visiting India (country of citizenship).

Since I do not have AP with me, I am wondering if
1) I can get AP while I am out of US.
2) If I can get AP, where and how should I apply?
3) Do I need to apply in China or India?
4) If I cannot get AP, what are my options? I do not have H1 B visa stamp in my passport as I was on H1 status (converted from B1). The passport which contains B1 stamp has expired 3 years ago and that passport is also lost today.

I have copies of all my documents. Please suggest what can be done.

Sincerely,

Manmit

Today, in China, somebody stole my bag. Bag contained passport, advance parole and all critical documents.

Background: I am nearing my six years of H1. My I 485 was filed in April, 03. I have received EAD (not used) and Advance Parole. I went to China in October ¡¯03 and returned to US on AP without any problem. I am revisiting China currently (November ¡¯03) and schedule to return to US around January 15th after visiting India (country of citizenship).

Since I do not have AP with me, I am wondering if
1) I can get AP while I am out of US.
----NO
2) If I can get AP, where and how should I apply?
3) Do I need to apply in China or India?
4) If I cannot get AP, what are my options? I do not have H1 B visa stamp in my passport as I was on H1 status (converted from B1). The passport which contains B1 stamp has expired 3 years ago and that passport is also lost today.
---------- Get new passport, you need to provide police report of lost documents and get new H1b visa stamp then enter on H1B status
I have copies of all my documents. Please suggest what can be done.
------Good

Thanks for your reply Ginnu. This raises other questions.

Since my status is AOS and I have used Advance Parole earlier, can I still get H1B? I never had H1B visa (only H1 status).

how late can one get H1B visa during AOS?

I heard about reentry permit, can I apply for one?

I will appreciate all reader's input. I have searched various forums but could not find any information about this.

Regards,

Manmit

similar position as you.

Hi - I am in a similar situation as you.
I lost my AP recently in India. I realized that yesterday.
I will call my lawyer today and will let you know our optons in a day.

We just want another oriiginal from BCIS. I guess this should not be an issue at all.
I will keep you posted.

Fortunately I could get back some of my critical documents including passport and AP but I had to "pay" for this.

It is very scary to be in this situation.

Let me know if you need more information.

-Manmit

Originally posted by manmit
Fortunately I could get back some of my critical documents including passport and AP but I had to "pay" for this.

Hi Manmit -

I am sorry to hear about your trouble. Now, you said you had to "pay" to get your documents back. Did the police may you ransom for your documents? Who made you pay for something that belongs to you? It's really horrible, and I hope those bandits will be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

Japanese

Transportation doc

I talked to my lawyer today and she told me to that I can apply for a "Transportation Document".
If you have a copy of your lost Advance Parole, then it will easy for the Consulate guys to process request faster.