Urgent.. oath ceremony tomorrow.. Another confusing online status update...experts please suggest

Aakash28

Registered Users (C)
My wife and I are scheduled for oath ceremony tomorrow... She was given the oath ceremony notice at the time of her interview almost 2 months back.

There was a confusing online update almost a week later after her interview.. stating.. 'On June 19, 2012 we placed your application in the oath scheduling que. We will send a notice when the ceremony is scheduled.' ... even though she received the notice on her interview date. We never received another notice in the mail.

Now, yesterday there was another online status update for her case.. stating... 'On July 30, 2012 we placed your application in the oath scheduling que. We will send a notice when the ceremony is scheduled.'

I am very confused and concerned... what is happening?? Can anyone please explain??
She is supposed to have her name changed tomorrow along with the naturalization certifcate.

Experts please suggest..

We anyhow will be going tomorrow with the notices we received during our interview.

Ignore the new status update and go to the oath. It seems that the system may have been refreshed, causing this status update to appear. If the oath was canceled, you would have been notified.

Ignore the new status update and go to the oath. It seems that the system may have been refreshed, causing this status update to appear. If the oath was canceled, you would have been notified.

Thanks Vorpal. One thing has been bothering me... and I think somehow it might be related to these weird updates that we have been seeing on my wife's case...

On the day of interview when IO tried to get the oath ceremony notice for my wife.. he ran into some printer related issues.. He told my wife to wait in the waiting area.. and almost 20 minutes later he brought back the oath ceremony notice on which he wrote her name and Alien Registration number in front of her and then handed the same to her.

Everything seemed normal at that time... but looking at these updates I am wondering if the IO messed something up?

I had my oath and got my citizenship last week, online update from 4 weeks ago still says I have been scheduled for an interview...take it for it's worth...

ningcy may,

Aakash28,

The only official document is the invitation to the Oath Ceremony. You have it in your hand, go to the ceremony. Everything else, including the online status is secondary and can't be used as an official reference.

My wife and I are scheduled for oath ceremony tomorrow... She was given the oath ceremony notice at the time of her interview almost 2 months back.

There was a confusing online update almost a week later after her interview.. stating.. 'On June 19, 2012 we placed your application in the oath scheduling que. We will send a notice when the ceremony is scheduled.' ... even though she received the notice on her interview date. We never received another notice in the mail.

Now, yesterday there was another online status update for her case.. stating... 'On July 30, 2012 we placed your application in the oath scheduling que. We will send a notice when the ceremony is scheduled.'

I am very confused and concerned... what is happening?? Can anyone please explain??
She is supposed to have her name changed tomorrow along with the naturalization certifcate.

Experts please suggest..

We anyhow will be going tomorrow with the notices we received during our interview.
In what state and city you applied