URGENT - New Employer has concerns with AC21.

swak

Registered Users (C)
Briefly about my case and then the questions;

I have been with Company A since 2005 and they filed for my LC in April 2006 which was approved. Then they filed for my I-140 in August 2006, which was also approved.
Then I applied for my I-485 in July 2007, and have since got me AP and EAD.
I am now planning to change my employer based on AC21, since I have an approved I-140 and over 180 days have already been passed.

Company B has offered me employment on full time position based on my EAD. But now they have come back with a concern;

In my LCA, my Wage was specified as being $48/Hr (over 90K), but I never received that kind of money from Company A, all I got was $25/hr.

Now Company B is offering me $33/Hr (65K), which is good for me compared to the $25/Hr I am getting (from Company A).

So Company B is saying that they can not go ahead with my employment, as they can not offer me $48/Hr which they will have to maintain if my AC21 has to be valid. They have asked me to continue with Company A till I get my GC and then only will they take me.

So my questions are:

1. If the wage mentioned in my LC was $48/Hr, then how come Company A has managed (legally) to pay me only $25/Hr all this time? In fact even in my W2's from Company A only $25 is mentioned.

2. If Company A has been paying me $25, then can't a new employer (Company B) pay me $33 and employ me? Since it's more than what I have been getting.

3. What options do I have if I really want to change my employer using the AC21?

and finally...

4. Will there be any inquiries or problems in getting my GC approved considering this wage difference that Company A is offering me? $25 instead of $48.

Thank you all, any help would be appreciated.
J.

I think one needs to differentiate between H1B wage and Future GC wage.

Your employer A is paying you H1B wage.

He has promised DOL that he will be paying you GC wage when GC is approved. If you AC 21 to join company B, then company B need to pay you GC wage promised in LC.

Corrections from any one ?

gcforfamily.