Urgent !!! My EAD expiring

gtracker03

Registered Users (C)
Hi gurus please suggest,

485 RD : Dec 24,2001 (NSC)

my EAD is expiring in 3rd week of December 2002, I have not applied for extension as of today (i am sending my documents to the lawyer)

It looks like EAD is taking close to 90 days ..... to get an EAD, what happens if my old EAD expires before I get the new one ? ( My 6 yrs of H1 also expired) Can I work since I applied for extension and not yet approved ?

or

Can I get interim EAD if required ( since 90 days will not be over from the RD date ) ?

or

If i directly apply at local INS office will they issue extension for EAD , my local office is Detroit.

Thanks in advance.

EAD

Apply ASAP, I applied in late august and notice date was 3rd Sept and my EAD was approved 3rd october and I recieved it on 7th October from NSC. So my suggestion apply ASAP and you,ll get befor December.

And..

if your 485 is pending with a service center you cannot apply with the local Office.

Can I work ...

I am working on EAD now . If my old EAD expires before I get my new EAD , Can I work in the meantime ???

(normally for H1b, we can work if we apply extension before date of expiration).

No

EAD is not given retroactively. You have to wait for EAD approval before continuing employment.