Urgent! I-485/AP/EAD Pending ...Wanna Travel.

haradica

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

Our I-485 / AP / EAD is pending. My wife and kids want to travel to India for some important family matters. Wife and kids have valid H-4 visa but is not stamped. Since I cannot wait longer, How would it affect our I-485 / AP / EAD filings if they decide to get the new H-4 visa stamped in India and return back using the H-4 stamping?

PD - 06/16/01
I-140 - 10/16/01
I-485 RD - 08/17/04
ND - 08/20/04
RFE - 09/12/04
AP -?? :(
EAD - ?? :(

Your thoughts\advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Harish

haradica said:
Hi All,

Our I-485 / AP / EAD is pending.
My wife and kids want to travel to India for some important family matters. Wife and kids have valid H-4 visa but is not stamped.
--- you should write they have H4 approval or H4 extension approval notices, approval notice is not Visa
Since I cannot wait longer, How would it affect our I-485 / AP / EAD filings if they decide to get the new H-4 visa stamped in India and return back using the H-4 stamping?

--------if you are still on H1B status and will be on H1 status when they apply for H4 visa stamps then they can enter with H4 visa stamps( please also remember thease days consulate can take many days to grant H4 visa status and one need to take appoinmentsabout 30-40 days advance in many US consulates in India)
PD - 06/16/01
I-140 - 10/16/01
***** why did you took so much time to apply I-485???? you filed I-140 --10/16/01
I-485 RD - 08/17/04
ND - 08/20/04
RFE - 09/12/04
AP -?? :(
EAD - ?? :(
------ if you have also applied AP for all of you, it may get approved in few days as you have repled to RFE, VSc is fast, i dont know your service center

Thanks and regards,

Harish

Hi All,

Our I-485 / AP / EAD is pending.
My wife and kids want to travel to India for some important family matters. Wife and kids have valid H-4 visa but is not stamped.
--- you should write they have H4 approval or H4 extension approval notices, approval notice is not Visa
Since I cannot wait longer, How would it affect our I-485 / AP / EAD filings if they decide to get the new H-4 visa stamped in India and return back using the H-4 stamping?

--------if you are still on H1B status and will be on H1 status when they apply for H4 visa stamps then they can enter with H4 visa stamps( please also remember thease days consulate can take many days to grant H4 visa status and one need to take appoinmentsabout 30-40 days advance in many US consulates in India)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx No Longer an issue as they got thier AP JIT.

PD - 06/16/01
I-140 - 10/16/01
***** why did you took so much time to apply I-485???? you filed I-140 --
10/16/01

xxxxxxxxxxx good ? I had quit my current co. to join another. Infact the I-40 clearance came thru just 2 days after I joined the other co. Luckily as my I-140 was cleared , they did not recirculate the labor or withdraw my I-140. Hence after a patient 21/2 yrs wait..with my GC going nowhere at the co. I had joined, I decided to come back and rejoin my current co. and take advantage of the GC processing.

I-485 RD - 08/17/04
ND - 08/20/04
RFE - 09/12/04
AP -??
EAD - ??
------ if you have also applied AP for all of you, it may get approved in few days as you have repled to RFE, VSc is fast, i dont know your service center

xxxxx - Seems like you have a crystal ball to foresee things ...(just Kidding), but thx for providing the much needed encouragement and positive spin...highly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Harish