urgent: how to supplement the filing for I-485

calhp1

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,
I filed my I-485 by ourself on July, 2004 based on my wife's I-140, there is no I-134 (the Affidavit of Support form) from my wife at that time since we do not notice the need of this. One of our friend just mentioned that we will need that. my quesiton is that: how to do a supplement filing on this? can we just mail the document to INS and explain the situation?

anybody have the supplement filing please help!
thank you.
calhp1

I have the same problem. Can anyone suggest if we really need I-134 form? If so, how can we supplement it?
Thanks,

my friend's 485 birth certificate notory has different birth place.
In this case, should he wait for a new birth certificate, or send the one with wrong birth place, or send when RFE is issued?

Thanks!

jnpr said:
my friend's 485 birth certificate notory has different birth place.
In this case, should he wait for a new birth certificate, or send the one with wrong birth place, or send when RFE is issued?

Thanks!
Don’t send the copy of wrong birth date certificate, birth date, birthplace need to be same as on his passport. Send the corrected BC when get RFE

ginnu said:
Don’t send the copy of wrong birth date certificate, birth date, birthplace need to be same as on his passport. Send the corrected BC when get RFE
Thank you for your answer.

calhp1 said:
Hi guys,
I filed my I-485 by ourself on July, 2004 based on my wife's I-140, there is no I-134 (the Affidavit of Support form) from my wife at that time since we do not notice the need of this. One of our friend just mentioned that we will need that. my quesiton is that: how to do a supplement filing on this? can we just mail the document to INS and explain the situation?

anybody have the supplement filing please help!
thank you.
calhp1

First Do not panic,

You can write a simple letter, attach the 485 receipt and send them. (use USPS certified mail with return receipt. and when green slip return to u in a week, keep it for ur records)

and even u don't send they would send u RFE to file 134. so relax. it happens ppl do forget, and sometime they miss/lost too. no need to worry. :D

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator: