URGENT HELP --Will Illegal stay of Visitor, effect the person who sponsered B1 Visa

jeans

Registered Users (C)
Hi : I have a question, please help with your advise.

My freinds father has overstayed on his visitor visa for quite a long time now/// He got his last I-94 denied but he is stilll staying with his son due to personal reasons and is dependend financially on my friend. Now my question is will this illegal stay of his father cause any problem to my friend as his Green card is in progress? i heard that person who keeps illegal person with is also under violation of law --- is this really true... if cought, will my friend be driven out of US ?

Please help ASAP ?

Overstayed B2 Visa

I have sponsored a B2 Visa for my father and for some reason he had to overstayed and he is still here for almost 5 years now, his status is illegal now, would that affect my I-485. ( I am in the final step of the GC, with just 485 pending).

It is a felony to harbor (shelter, employ, aid, abett ...) an illegal alien.

http://www.americanpatrol.com/FAIR/hireillegalsacrimeFAIR.html

Situation:

1. The crime has probably been committed
2. It is unknown by me if this is a CIMT
3. The crime has probably not been discovered (I-94 is sometimes not turned in by the departing visitor, or the visitor may have departed the sponsor's premises but never left the US, etc...); or sponsor may not konw...
4. If this were indeed a crime (i.e. guilty of harboring), then an arrest is likely upon discovery / reporting of the crime.

From then on there are two issues to tackle: (i) the felony charge (ii) effect on immigation IF this is considered a CIMT.