Urgent Help Needed , reg. H4 for my wife

riteshshrivasta

Registered Users (C)
Hi all Gurus,
I was on F1 and now on H1(starting oct1) , I want to bring my wife here on H4 and I asked the procedure from the company I am working for, and they said they can file the H4 for my wife, I wasnt sure how it is possible but they said that their lawyer will take care of it and i will get the EAC number alongwith the application to check the case online , now I have never come across such a procedure as I thought that for H4 my wife will have to apply with my documents and go to consulate to get the visa , secondly i have my approval with me but I have not got it stamped and my company says its not necessary to get my H1 stamped for her to get the H4 ,
her tourist visa got rejected once (when I was on OPT) and I dont want to take any chances now , but since my company is filing for her H4 , is it more safe ? is it better for me that the lawyer sends all the papers ? please help me with my questions so that I can bring my wife to US after 1.5 yrs of marriage.
thanks
Ritesh

My understanding is also the same that your wife will have to apply for H4 with your H1 documents.

now I have never come across such a procedure as I thought that for H4 my wife will have to apply with my documents and go to consulate to get the visa

Yes, you are true. You just need to send all your H1 documents with supporting letters (You can check the consulate web site for the supporting letters) . You wud need take appointment with cousulate.

riteshshrivasta

You need to send your documents to your wife along with the documents add a letter from your employer requesting the consular general to issue a H4 visa to your wife as you are currently employed by them for the period of your current H1 and etc.
Also send
1> copy of your entire passport to your wife.
2> Employment letter.
3> Three recent pay stubs.
4> Employer Letter to the consulte general ( as stated above ).

HTH

Thanks for the reply guys , I have one more question , I was on OPT(expired on 12th aug after my Masters) and so I am not working and waiting for my H1 to start in Oct 1 , what should I do regarding the 3 paystubs? is it ok to send the pay stubs from june july and aug ?I will get paid only on 26th oct(1st pay on H1) so is it necessary for me to wait till then ? please advice
thanks
Ritesh

almost similar situation w/ me

hi,
i am a new member of this forum. And I was checking all the posts and was surprised to see that my situation is almost similar to yours. I am not experienced in visa/status issues to advise you, but I thought I will share my situation. It is sad to know that you werent able to bring your wife for almost 1.5 years. My situation is as follows: I was on F-1, graduated in august, now on OPT and just turned in application for H-1 processing. I got married in May (while on F-1) and my wife applied for F-2. At that time, since my I-20 showed that I will be graduating in summer and that I have applied for OPT, the visa counselor rejected her visa, saying that my studies are going to be over and so she doesnt need to go and I can return back. So my current plan is to convert over to H-1 and then send her my papers for her to go for H-4 visa. I dont know how that is going to turn out..I have to wait and see. In the meanwhile, I hope things work out for you and I hope you can bring your wife soon.

thanks
Prakash

Guys , My wife got the visa yesterday in Mumbai without any problems .
just wanted to update you guys.
thanks for the help
-Ritesh

Hey Prakash,
I have a friend whose wife got F2 without any problems today , he had applied for his OPT but still she got the visa in no time , although I think in your case, just wait for few months till you get your H1 and then apply for H4 as H4 is almost an assured visa (unless you really screw up) , also I didnt have any pay stubs for my H1 as it just started on Oct 1 , I sent old pay stubs (June , july and Aug) and that was fine , so H4 is very safe and I think you better wait.
all the best
Ritesh

thanks ,
I think you shud wait for your H1 , as H4 is almost assured , my friend's wife got an F2 today even though my friend already applied for OPT , so i think it all depends on the mood of consulate , they rejected my mom's visa thrice(once yesterday) even though we had a letter from senator that she doenst plan to immigrate to US and this will be a temp. visit. so dont know what to do for her , anyways good luck to you and keep posted
-Ritesh

Thanks Ritesh. I think so too. My H-1 is still in the first stages of processing and is yet to be sent to INS. I am just going to wait until it is through. You are right...the visa issuance/rejection just depends on the mood of the consular and that in turn, I guess, depends on our luck that day!

Could you please post (if you dont mind) what questions that the consular asked your wife when she appeared for the interview?

Thanks,
Prakash

Last edited by a moderator:
they just asked my notice of action(Original) and then asked her where I work and where will u be staying and thats it , they didnt see any other document and she got the visa in 2-3 mins.

pd_2004 said:
Thanks Ritesh. I think so too. My H-1 is still in the first stages of processing and is yet to be sent to INS. I am just going to wait until it is through. You are right...the visa issuance/rejection just depends on the mood of the consular and that in turn, I guess, depends on our luck that day!

Could you please post (if you dont mind) what questions that the consular asked your wife when she appeared for the interview?

Thanks,
Prakash

I hope you know that the H1-B cap has been reached for FY2005.
You will have to wait to get your wife till end of 2005.
HTH

Posted by HTH: I hope you know that the H1-B cap has been reached for FY2005.

HTH, I heard about the cap. However, I am at a University (non-profit) and so mine does not come under the cap. So I am hoping my H-1 will be processed without any problem. I will keep you all posted.

Thanks,
Prakash

Hi, does this mean that you don't have to have a valid H1B visa stamp on your passport in order for your wife to get an H4 visa stamp? Is the I-797 Approval Notice for the H1B enough?
I used to have an H1B stamp but have been using Advanced Parole for the past two years. I just extended my H1B for another year (the first six are over) and wonder if my wife can get an H4 using the 1 year extension without me having to get a new H1B stamp since I still have a valid Advanced Parole to travel on! any thought?
thanks

hello all,
I got my status changed from F-1 to H-1B. Now I have to fix appointment for my wife to appear for the visa interview. While entering the details on the TTS webpage, it asks for the petition details. In that page, one of the questions is "Maximum number of applicants". Can anyone help me in telling what it refers to ? Does it refer to the number of applicants for the position that I am in or does it refer to the number of applicants for the visa interview? Thanks for all your help.

yalla, I am told that a H-1B stamping is not essentially required for the spouse to appear for H-4. Others, could anyone shed more light into this? I dont know anything about the parole stuff. Probably others here might be able to give you the information you are looking for.

thanks,
Prakash

hello:
My wife got her visa yesterday without any problems. Thanks for all your help.
-Prakash

F-2 for my husband??

Hi All:

Congratualtions to those whose spouse have made it this time. I am planning to bring my husband on F-2. (see below for details). He has already applied for it and now waiting on the interview. Please suggest me on the situation. I joined you because a very informative discussion is going on here in this forum. Please guys come up with something for me. I am a way too much tensed up with the situation. I am waiting to hear from you. Thanks a million. Helpless wife.

my husband is seeking F2 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ My husband was here in the U.S for last 8 years. He finished his BBA and MBA both from here. And he was on OPT when he went home in last december to see his expired mom. But since his visa expired in last october so he had to carry an I-20 for doctoral programs so that he could come back and join school. He was not enjoying to work in the bank so he got his I-20 ready by last october though. Back home he got refused twice. The visa officer did not say anything much. He added that he now has to work in his home country before he seeks ph.d. I am on F-1 now. I came down here in dec 2003. I am in a terrible condition without my husband because I do not know anybody here and I did not mix along with anybody. Even after that I badly need my husband here to accompany me until I finish my degree. For your information I am pursuing MA and work as a graduate assistant in the dept. I would like to know whether pursuing for F2 is risky for my husband? I badly need him here. What is the best possible way to approach the situation. I am all lost. Please help me. Thanks.

rtamim

Hi All,
I have a H1 problem too for my wife. The issue is she converted to H1B from H4 in NOV 2003. She did not get job after that. She wants to get back to H4 status now. Can we do that, if so what is the procedure to do that.

Thanks
Chandu