Urgent Help Needed , reg. H4 for my wife

rtamim,

Since your husband's F-1 visa has been rejected twice, I guess the only option you have at this time is F-2. Was your husband's Ph.d admission related to what he did earlier (BBA and MBA)? Did he have an assistantship for that? If both the answers are yes, then I guess it is just bad luck that he didnt get his visa. He could keep trying until he gets lucky. But I am not sure if that would be a good way to do, because the visa consulars usually look for some change in situation between the earlier application and the current one. On the other hand, if he is applying for F-2, then that might be a change in status. How much longer do you have in school here? If you are near completion, then that might be a problem too (just based on my experience). If you have atleast a couple of years to go, then F-2 might be a good option to try. If you are near completion of MA program, then you have two options: you might register for Ph.D. - that way you have long time to complete and so the consular might consider giving an F-2 visa to your husband. Or you might look for a job and get an H-1 through premium processing. Then your husband can apply for H-4.

Another option: Your husband might find a job in a company (probably software company or MNCs with a need for MBAs) and ask them for a US assignment.

Remember, that all these options are just some ideas. Whatever we do, I think it ultimately depends on our luck to the most part.

Dont lose heart. Keep doing your work. I am not an experienced person in such matters. Maybe others who are more experienced can give you better guidance.

Good luck.

-Prakash

rtamim said:
Hi All:

my husband is seeking F2 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ My husband was here in the U.S for last 8 years. He finished his BBA and MBA both from here. And he was on OPT when he went home in last december to see his expired mom. But since his visa expired in last october so he had to carry an I-20 for doctoral programs so that he could come back and join school. He was not enjoying to work in the bank so he got his I-20 ready by last october though. Back home he got refused twice. The visa officer did not say anything much. He added that he now has to work in his home country before he seeks ph.d. I am on F-1 now. I came down here in dec 2003. I am in a terrible condition without my husband because I do not know anybody here and I did not mix along with anybody. Even after that I badly need my husband here to accompany me until I finish my degree. For your information I am pursuing MA and work as a graduate assistant in the dept. I would like to know whether pursuing for F2 is risky for my husband? I badly need him here. What is the best possible way to approach the situation. I am all lost. Please help me. Thanks.

rtamim