Urgent Help needed, previou employer threatening to create problems for me

jammmieus

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

Urgent help reuired, please help me whatever & however you guys can.
My problem is that I'm trying to change my employers but working with the same end-client. My previous employer whom I'm leaving is threatening me with dire consequences if I leave him & join other company & work for the same end-client.
He is saying that this is against the non-compete agreement clause which I signed 3 years ago & he also is saying that he can sue me & the mid-client if I work for the same end client with some different employer.
Please tell me if his threats are genuine or not, can he do some harm to me or he is just trying to scare me to stay with him so that he keep on earing his profit on me.

Earliest replies will me highly appreciated as I have to decide my future compay asap.

Thanks a lot to everyone in advance.

Jammmie

Originally posted by jammmieus
Hi all,

Urgent help reuired, please help me whatever & however you guys can.
My problem is that I'm trying to change my employers but working with the same end-client. My previous employer whom I'm leaving is threatening me with dire consequences if I leave him & join other company & work for the same end-client.
He is saying that this is against the non-compete agreement clause which I signed 3 years ago & he also is saying that he can sue me & the mid-client if I work for the same end client with some different employer.
Please tell me if his threats are genuine or not, can he do some harm to me or he is just trying to scare me to stay with him so that he keep on earing his profit on me.

Earliest replies will me highly appreciated as I have to decide my future compay asap.

Thanks a lot to everyone in advance.

Jammmie

If you signed a non-compete agreement then you will can be held responsible for any violations.

jammmieus:

First read the copy of agreement, generally it is signed for 1 year, it depends on state law, ask some lawyer about it that practice immigration law.

If your employer is A(that you are leaving) and you were working with Client XYZ then transfer H1 with any other company and work with client XYZ, your employer can not do anything to you.

Show the copy of agreement to the lawyer of new company he will guide you.