urgent Help¡¡¡ 2 year rule-timing

pedroe

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I started the process for the J1 waiver. I got the case number and the no objection statement from my embassy has been send today to DOS. Now, how long does it take to get the waiver?

My situation is desperate. My prospective employer wants to sponsor my H-1B Visa, but they are affraid that I will not get the waiver until October. My J1 visa expires on January 3. So they said that I will have to wait until october 2006 to request a H-1 visa, and they can not wait that long. According will their attorney the waiver process can take up to a year and there is no way I will get the waiver on time.

Please, any advise or options will be really appreciated.

Thanks,

PE

hi,

I just got my final approval from USCIS yesterday. It took for me less then a month. here is the timeline.....
After submitting all the required documents ,my file was complete.
18th May 2005- Favourable Recommendation from DOS
25th May 2005 - Received hard copy stating it was forwarded to USCIS.
3rd June 2005 - Received the receipt number from USCIS
14th June 2005- Online status stated case approved.

Now just waiting for the hard copy from USCIS.

GOOD LUCK !!!

Thanks mandrekar

I have an additional question.

Does Dos asks you for other documents besides the ones you send in the original application?

Thanks,

PE

More info

pedroe said:
Does Dos asks you for other documents besides the ones you send in the original application?
Pedroe:
Could you please provide more information on your J-1 status? Why are you subject to INA 212(e) 2Y HRR? Did you receive US government funds, funds from home country government etc? Who is your sponsor? Also please read my posts in the Sannie7’s threads.

Hi Streamflow

Thanks for posting,

My waiver is based on the no objection statement by the home country, I didn´t receive any funds from any government or organization. The two year rule is based on the skills list.

Thanks,

PE

If they need any addtional information they will let u know. i also received my hard copy from USCIS on 16th June. I think that was pretty fast.....
from the day my file was complete i.e. 17th May till i received the final waiver from USCIS it just took 29 days.:)

Different cases

mandrekar said:
I think that was pretty fast..... from the day my file was complete i.e. 17th May till i received the final waiver from USCIS it just took 29 days.
Mandrekar:
Congratulation! Enjoy a freedom. However, different cases take different times. What is your case (IGA, NOL etc.)? What is your reason to be a subject to 2Y HRR (US government funding, home government funding, skills list etc.)? You are talking about time between ‘Favorable Recommendation from DOS’ and ‘USIS final waiver approval’. This stage is really fast. However, Pedroe is interesting about time frame from obtaining a NOL from his home country embassy to ‘Favorable Recommendation from DOS’. How long does it take in your case? In my case this stage took seven-eight months (my case was NOL/US government funding).

J-1 waiver tracker

pedroe said:
I got the case number and the no objection statement from my embassy has been send today to DOS. Now, how long does it take to get the waiver?
Pedroe:

I have no experience with skills list waivers. However, you may get first hand information about time frames for waiver procedure. You need to run a ‘J-1 waiver tracker’. On the web page 'Check Your Case Status' type your case number (say your case number is ‘n’). You will get your status. Then type ‘n-1’, ‘n-2’ ... ‘n-100’ (or ‘n-1000’) etc. You will get info on different cases (may be better to start, say, with ‘n-500’ to get approved cases.) Analyze the data. Consider only NOL cases. If you will find a line ‘Sponsor Views’, this is a NOL/US government funding case. It takes longer. Keep us informed.

This procedure is very similar to I-140 tracker (for ‘Green cards’) discussed in some threads on immigration.com. You may also write a program instead run manually.

Does Does updates its web page regulary??

I sent my waiver request to Dos last week. According with the tracking number it was delivered. How long does it take to see the information online?

Thanks,

PE

it took me 8 months to get the waiver (NO). It took my friend 7 years (hardship). It took my other friend 2 years (NO). Go figure. All had US govt financing.

Good News?

pedroe said:
Now, how long does it take to get the waiver?
06/25/2005: J-1 Waiver Processing Times of the State Department
The State Department states that the processing times for J-1 foreign residency requirement waiver applications varies these days, but as of now, the processing times have been reduced to 2-4 weeks. Good news for the IMGs. (http://www.immigration-law.com/)

after Favorable Recommendation

Dear All,
I am very concerned now reading your stories. It seems to me that the process should be done in about a months after DOS Favorable Recommendation sent to USCIS. Mine was sent on 13th MAy to Texas Service Center, based on No Objection. I still have no answer from them, no receipt number, nothing! It has been 6 weeks ago!!Question: How could I contact Texas Service Center to ask what's going on? The phone number and the case status check is only for those with Receip Numer. I don't have nothing like that! What should I do???

Any idea?
Thanks

Mandrekar

Which was your USCIS Service Center?? It seems that different centers have different procesing times..

Thanks,

Pedroe

Pedro:

it was Texas Service Center!

I also thought that the post is slow because I am residing in Hungary since my J-1 expired so that's where I'm expecting the post.

Should I find a way to contact them?

pedroe said:
Which was your USCIS Service Center?? It seems that different centers have different procesing times..

Thanks,

Pedroe

Generally it takes about 45 days to get waiver recmn. from DOS. After that..it varies..from 2-5M!
Good luck!