Urgent: H4 stamping for wife who is out of status

lsgv1

Registered Users (C)
HI,

I am going to India (Delhi) for fresh H4 stamping for wife whose H4 application got a Query that she is "out of status". She has previously re-validated H4s here in US.
The problem is i don;t have a original marriage certificate but i have a copy of the the certificate. I am not sure how difficult it is to get a new certificate from the Registrar of Marriages, but will the consulate ask for a original marriage certificate, as she has previous H4s.

Another question is how difficult/easy it is to get a original marriage certificate from india (Hyderabad). IF any one got it, pls let me know.

thanks.

lsgv1 said:
HI,

I am going to India (Delhi) for fresh H4 stamping for wife whose H4 application got a Query that she is "out of status".
--------------- did she sayed in US after her I-94 expiry date? how many days? did she always filed H4 extension with USCIS through form I-539 Before her I-94 expired?? if she stayed more than 180 days after I-94 expiry then problems.

She has previously re-
validated H4s here in US.

The problem is i don;t have a original marriage certificate but i have a copy of the the certificate. I am not sure how difficult it is to get a new certificate from the Registrar of Marriages, but will the consulate ask for a original marriage certificate, as she has previous H4s.
------------------where is the original marriage certificate ? they will ask for it
Another question is how difficult/easy it is to get a original marriage certificate from india (Hyderabad).
------------ go to registrar office in Hyderabad where marrage was registred and pay the fees . others will post how much time it takes

IF any one got it, pls let me know.

thanks.

Hello ginnu,

Her I-94 from H1B is valid till 2008. So she has not crossed the I-94 expiry. Tthere were layoffs in the company, the employer cancelled all the H1s of all employees..We didn;t know it got cancelled..When we finally applied for H4, there was a gap of 2 months between H1B cancellation and H4. INS put a query how she is maintaining status for 2 months. Since she didn;t maintain status, lawyer recommended to leave US asap and get it stamped in india.

Will this be any concern when getting stamp from US embassy? Do they ask questions like why she was out of status for 2 months? Incase they ask, my only reply would be we didn;t know it was cancelled and we came out of country as soon as we learnt we were out of status.

Regarding Marriage certificate, i actually contacted sub-registrar and they said it can be done..they will take some bribe, but that is the way they work there!

thanks for your response.

lsgv1 said:
Hello ginnu,

Her I-94 from H1B is valid till 2008. So she has not crossed the I-94 expiry. Tthere were layoffs in the company, the employer cancelled all the H1s of all employees..We didn;t know it got cancelled..When we finally applied for H4, there was a gap of 2 months between H1B cancellation and H4. INS put a query how she is maintaining status for 2 months. Since she didn;t maintain status, lawyer recommended to leave US asap and get it stamped in india.

Will this be any concern when getting stamp from US embassy? Do they ask questions like why she was out of status for 2 months?
--------------They can and explain the situation that her H1 employer cancelled the H1 and did not inform her
Incase they ask, my only reply would be we didn;t know it was cancelled and we came out of country as soon as we learnt we were out of status.
-------------that is correct but YOU are not going to reply they are going to ask HER

Regarding Marriage certificate, i actually contacted sub-registrar and they said it can be done..they will take some bribe, but that is the way they work there!
---------that is how things work in India
thanks for your response.