URGENT! H1 status after EAD and LLC

vcparekh

Registered Users (C)
Me and my wife received EAD. I am planning to continue work for the primary company(GC sponsorer). My wife wants to start a business on LLC. If I become member of LLC, do I lose my H1 status?
Thanks.

vcparekh said:
Me and my wife received EAD. I am planning to continue work for the primary company(GC sponsorer). My wife wants to start a business on LLC. If I become member of LLC, do I lose my H1 status?
Thanks.

What is LLC ? If you **Work** for any company using EAD, your H1 and her H4 are invalid. However if you have not completed your 6 year period of H1, you may apply for ***NEW*** H1 (Not an extension of the one you have) and be on H1 status if you want to.

EAD and LLC

Thanks for the reoply. LLC is Limited Liability Company. I am not planning to work for that company but just become partner in that company and continue working for the GC sponsrer company. Does it effect my H1 status?
Thanks.

vcparekh said:
I am not planning to work for that company but just become partner in that company and continue working for the GC sponsrer company. Does it effect my H1 status?

If you are just going to be a passive investor, then that shouldn't affect your H-1 at all, any more than purchasing 100 shares of IBM or Microsoft.