URGENT: H1-B visa expiration and visit back home before renewal.

amber2006

Hi,

My H1-B visa is expiring on 16th Jan, 2007 and today is 2nd Oct-2006. I am planning to visit Pakistan on 20 Oct-2006 to 30 Oct 2006. My questions are as follows.

1- Do you think it is the right time to visit paksitan and i will not face any problem in re-entering US?

2- Do you think i should apply for the renewal of H1B, got the reciept and then go for this pakistan trip. Do you think in that way i will not face any problem in re-entering US?

3- Do you think i should not think of exiting US as it's only 3 months left in my H1B visa expiration. So i should get it renewed and then go and do not take risk.

Please advice at your earliest, i shall be very gratefull.

Thanks

amber2006 said:
Hi,

My H1-B visa is expiring on 16th Jan, 2007 and today is 2nd Oct-2006. I am planning to visit Pakistan on 20 Oct-2006 to 30 Oct 2006. My questions are as follows.

1- Do you think it is the right time to visit paksitan and i will not face any problem in re-entering US?
------------ you have valid visa stamp till 16 jan 2007, why the problem???
2- Do you think i should apply for the renewal of H1B, got the reciept and then go for this pakistan trip. Do you think in that way i will not face any problem in re-entering US?
-------------- better file H1 extension After you come back and extension MUST papers reach USCIS before 16 Jan ,2007 (ask the employer lawyer to keep the papers ready and once you are back give him the copy of Latest I-94(front and back) then he sends the papers to USCIS
3- Do you think i should not think of exiting US as it's only 3 months left in my H1B visa expiration. So i should get it renewed and then go and do not take risk.
-------------- that is upto you, one can enter US with valid visa before visa expires but as you have to file extenson better to come back 15-20 days before the visa stamp expires
Please advice at your earliest, i shall be very gratefull.

Thanks

you shouldnt have any problem as long as you were always in status and have a valid stamp. I came back from Pakistan's trip 20 days before the expiry of my stamp. Although i had the approval for my next visa but they never asked for it.

web_guru2003 said:
you shouldnt have any problem as long as you were always in status and have a valid stamp.
I came back from Pakistan's trip 20 days before the expiry of my stamp. Although i had the approval for my next visa but they never asked for it.
-------
If you have not shown your H1 Extension approval at POE with valid passport Visa stamp then they may have given you I-94 till your valid Visa stamp. you were supposed to show valid visa stamp AND H1 extension approval so that you get I-94 till H1 extension approval. till what date your I-94 is valid that you got at POE when you lat entred? do you know the "Last Action rule" for I-94??

Thanks alot to all for the help. My I-94 is expiring on 16th Jan, 2007 as my H1 visa is also expiring on the same date. No i dont know about the "Last Action Rule" for I-94. Can you please tell me what is that?

amber2006 said:
Thanks alot to all for the help. My I-94 is expiring on 16th Jan, 2007 as my H1 visa is also expiring on the same date.
No i dont know about the "Last Action Rule" for I-94. Can you please tell me what is that?
------------------that post was not for you. Last action means the latest action on your status or petition/I-94. to make it simple only your Latest I-94 is valid I-94 that you get at POE or with H1 extension approval.