Urgent! gurus please help - Jim Mills please comment

CT_070101_new

Registered Users (C)
Possibility of Layoff after 180 days into AOS(july RD), company is willing to continue sponsorship but can\'t give the employment letter in case of RFE. Strange thing is the leagal firm that my company uses Fragomen Del Rey (FDBL) wants to inform INS that they donot represent my case any more because I am not with the original employer.
1. Guys please comment on the implications of this.
2. Who gets the RFE\'s attorney or applicant?
Thanks

Why is the attorney interested in informing INS? Try to find out...

may you can negotiate. But the employer is in your side and again there may be room for negotiation. May be as a July RD, you will get your approval before the lay-off - and with the economy showing signs of improvement - there may be no layoffs. Best of luck.

Don\'t worry - u should be fine

Hire another lawyer and ask him to send a G-28. The RFE goes to the attorney on record only. I am in the same boat. I have found another firm which is providing me an offer letter. I\'m in the process of hiring another attorney. I\'m not sure if this would trigger an RFE!

Since your RD is July - request the employer to keep you for a couple of monthss..

as you may get approved any day. This way FDBL is not obligated to inform INS. Are you NYC based? I know FDBL represents big financial services company and wondering who is laying off now when the economy is recovering.

Have the same lawyer and similar situation

Looks like we work for the same firm. Hope things workout for us. My RD is 10/01.

wondering which is your firm....

hope not a financial services firm. Try to find a spot in the same firm - lateral move. That will solve everything.

Well it\'s a financial firm in CT not NYC

How much time do we have to respond for RFE?
Does the size of the new employer matter? Worst case scenario I am trying to get an employment with my friends consulting company. They have around 25 employees.
Any thoughts appreciated.

Withdrawl of attorney

FDBL probably wants to withdraw because payment by the employer is ceasing and they don\'t particualry want to represent individuals. Normally, the attorney will get the RFE, but it is very possible that INS will screw it up if they withdraw. The easiest way to handle this is to retain another attorney and have the new attorney file a G-28.

Jim

James D. Mills
Attorney at Law
jdmills@justice.com
732-644-5702

Will the corporate attorney withdraw if they happen to be the attorney of the ..

new firm too? Is this a situation to get panicky during the tail-end of your I-485. Thanks Jim.