URGENT! Green card lost, but NO appointment available for Infopass to get the I-551 Stamp

Nate Yen

Hello, please help...my case is super urgent...

I lost my wallet with my green card inside on 1/31 in Fresno,
i talked to the police and he said he would check the cctv and get back to me if he could find anything.

since he hasnt replied me till now... and i have to travel on Friday (2/3)

i am extremely frustrated and not sure what i should do now

1) My initial idea is to submit i-90 for replacing greencard first, then to make an appointment for Infopass to get an I-551 stamp. But the biggest problem i, i never manage to make an appointment given the fact that it keeps saying no appointments available. (the earliest one i could make now is on 2/9, and 4 hours away from where i live)

as this is super urgent, is it possible for me to walk in to USCIS office?? or can i file I-90 then leave US first?

2) if the above doesnt work, can i leave US first then apply for I-131A (carrier document) in order to come back to US. then file I-90 and get I-551 stamp next time (because i cant stay in US for too long, the reason I went to US this time was actually for re-entry permit...but now i have lost my green card so i could do nothing about it)

3) can i still submit I-131 for re-entry permit even though i have lost my green card? So next time when i come back to US i can record biometrics.

Please help....thanks

Hello, please help...my case is super urgent...

I lost my wallet with my green card inside on 1/31 in Fresno,
i talked to the police and he said he would check the cctv and get back to me if he could find anything.

since he hasnt replied me till now... and i have to travel on Friday (2/3)

i am extremely frustrated and not sure what i should do now

1) My initial idea is to submit i-90 for replacing greencard first, then to make an appointment for Infopass to get an I-551 stamp. But the biggest problem i, i never manage to make an appointment given the fact that it keeps saying no appointments available. (the earliest one i could make now is on 2/9, and 4 hours away from where i live)

as this is super urgent, is it possible for me to walk in to USCIS office?? or can i file I-90 then leave US first?

2) if the above doesnt work, can i leave US first then apply for I-131A (carrier document) in order to come back to US. then file I-90 and get I-551 stamp next time (because i cant stay in US for too long, the reason I went to US this time was actually for re-entry permit...but now i have lost my green card so i could do nothing about it)

3) can i still submit I-131 for re-entry permit even though i have lost my green card? So next time when i come back to US i can record biometrics.

Please help....thanks

1. You can try, you might be lucky.

2. Yes you can do so

3. Yes, I-131A are for permanent residents returning from temporary overseas travel of less than one year, and their Green Card has been lost, stolen or destroyed, or those whose Reentry Permit has been lost, stolen or destroyed.

Good luck!